PDA

View Full Version : Birthday treat

Spicytuna1
03-12-2012, 12:12 PM
One of the nephews turned 9 and one of their present is a fishing trip with their uncle :D I love it when the kids have a b-day cause I get an extra excuse to hit the water.

Well with the little guys we like to keep a minnow drifting just off the bottom out of the back rod holder. While his dad was up front fine tuning his new bait caster and I was chucking flies. I hear there is a fish on...so he grabbed the rod our of the holder set up on it and started cranking. At first we thought it was a Striper do to sheer size then saw the green and knew we had to boat it. After a decent fight and some drag screaming we got a hand on it.

In no way has getting skunked for the big boys been any better he went 1 for 1 for the day, and we went 0 for 0. In now way was that disappointing.

He now holds the record for biggest LMB in the family ( I did stick one bout the same size in 09' but he donts got to know about it :p)

Rockman
03-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Great fish! Gonna be a tuff act to follow on his next birthday, but you know he won't mind trying! Great photo of that big bass!

Darian
03-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Hey the kids're out fishin' the adults these days.... :nod: Great photos of the youngster and the Bass.... :D