PDA

View Full Version : WTB: simms lumbar roll-top pack

rotorhead902
03-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Been looking for one of these, but Simms stop making them a couple of years ago. I'm looking to buy one, if someone has one. I don't care which color it is; they made different colors.

Thanks

dynaflow
03-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Overboard make a similar one if that helps :-\" Its class 3 waterproof too...
Cheers
Peter

rotorhead902
03-08-2012, 08:59 PM
thanks for that, but the overboard one is considerably smaller.

dynaflow
03-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Hmm....OK (2nd.time lucky:D),how about the Simms Dry Creek Hip Pack or the one I use...the Dry Creek Flats Pack?
Cheers
Peter

rotorhead902
03-09-2012, 09:55 AM
I looked at this and some other brands as well, and they rely on zippers. These zippers are not as as waterproof/resistant as some other seals. I have a simms roll top shoulder pack that I use and it is great. It's been in heavy rain, bottom of drift boats...you name it. Very durable, simple and dry. i now find myself at times wanting something smaller and thought the waist lumbar pack would be perfect. I like that I would be able to swing it around to the front, while still wading and get access...I can't do that with my shoulder pack.

I talked to Simms and this was popular and they may bring it back someday, but for now my only option is a used one. Thanks for the ideas though, I appreciate it and may go that route if I can't find one of these.