PDA

View Full Version : Yuba River trip

Simo
03-05-2012, 09:07 AM
I'm not much of a poster on this forum but my buddy, Willy, sent me some pictures from our trip floating down the Yuba 3 weeks ago and I thought they were worthy of posting. We had a great day with a total of 10 fish to the net. The two largest were 18".

To my surprise, he also took some pictures of these Skawalas having a threesome. It looks like caviar on the Yuba.

Simo

ryanerb
03-05-2012, 11:04 PM
i'm glad you spent the time to post the pics. great pics, looks like a good time. i appreciate it!

Scott V
03-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Almost nothing better than fish and a threesome!

Simo
03-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I am curious about the life cycle of the Skawala. The last picture that I posted showed one of the Skawalas with a huge cluster of eggs. Do these bugs crawl back into the water and deposit the eggs all at once or do they fly above the water and drop the fertilized eggs? I thought that they would fly above the water and drop a few eggs at a time.

Is there any info on the Web that describes the life cycle of the Skawala?

Simo

chixnribs
03-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Menage-a-skawa!

BigKahuna
03-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Check out the Entomology section at www.flyfishingtraditions.com (http://www.flyfishingtraditions.com) It has info on the Skwala Stone. It also has a Lower Yuba hatch Chart. It also has a pattern link on the hatch chart with patterns to match the hatch on the Yuba.
Big Kahuna.