PDA

View Full Version : pyramid lake

talakitok
03-01-2012, 10:25 AM
i've been wanting and planning to go to pyramid lake...is this the best time to go? any info would surely help... thanks:nod:

mark
03-01-2012, 10:46 AM
There's a new and very informative website up now about everything you need to go to Pyramid and have some success. Including time frames

http://pyramidlakeflyfishing.com/

Basically its a good spring- fall fishery, April-May October-November being the prime months.

sasuga2
03-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Spent a few days at pyramid with some friends who have been there for a week. The weather is cold....the fishing is slow...picked up five in the 20-24 inch range. A couple of ten pounders caught earlier in the week... Fished around pelican point. Not many catching fish. Using midges......

We were up for the fly fishing film tour in Reno which was great...off to NW Fly fishing expo this week.

Cheers

Dan Harrison
03-07-2012, 12:24 PM
The fishing can be red hot anytime between now and the beginning of June depend on all that mother nature throws us. This year I would assume it may turn on sooner rather than later given the warm winter but I could be flat wrong. I will be up there at the end of March beginning of April this year for a few days it should be good but only God knows how good. Making the trip from Napa you won't be disappointed going in April or May both are normally really good months.