PDA

View Full Version : The Props Thread

aaron
02-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Hey Guys
Stole this idea from elsewhere, pretty simple, if you have a solid transaction with somebody then give a shout out in this thread. Both buyers and sellers. That way one can search this thread and if they see someone's name it gives a little bit of assurance. Also if there's any sort of issue using your real name might help clarify things as well. I’ll sticky it to the top.
Thanks
Aaron

EricW
02-27-2012, 04:27 PM
A friend picked a Beulah up from Zookerman, the seller here (www.kiene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25278). All as advertised and very helpful.

Dave E.
03-26-2012, 03:37 PM
I’ve had great experiences both in buying and selling to Koffler, Woodman & KJE and look forward to doing so again.

As a heads up to others here.
The only bad experience I’ve had is with "onlymidges". Who I had one previous transaction with and while he was slow to pay the first time around, I went ahead and accepted him at his word on a second transaction - Ya' I know, my bad.
The seond transaction came from this ad :
http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23086 , back in April of 2011.

We came to an agreement and he’s now had the rod in his possession since May 12, 2011. He acknowledged that fact at that time. He never made good on his payment. He’s not answered any of my P.M.‘s or emails in the ten months since, nor my attempted contacts through other means. I have all the documentation to support this, including his P.M.’s and postal service delivery receipt.

Rich Morrison
04-23-2012, 07:56 AM
Not much action on this...for the most part eveyone I've dealt with has been top notch here at Kiene's. I've bought from Woodman and LNelson a few times and both these guys are great to deal with and accuratley represent their stuff.

DFrink
04-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Another one for Woodman, John even delivered the real to my office!

LNelson also delivered quickly and the item was as described.

Dan

FISHEYE
04-23-2012, 08:59 AM
I have bought a few reels and they were always delivered quickly and were exactly as described.

BobVP
04-24-2012, 11:16 PM
I just bought something from HATCH and the whole transaction was great.

I've also sold a few things here...can't remember the names and I've cleared out my private message box....but they've all been good transactions.

Troutstalker55B
04-25-2012, 07:22 AM
A recent transaction of bamboo with R.Morrison doesn't get any better, this rod went to the right man. Everyone who has bought something from me here has been a straight shooter. Paypal and personal checks have all worked out just fine. Props to Kiene's for letting us sell goods here.

Jon.

fishnbeatsworkin
11-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Props to Kiene's. Not only did they put a new welded loop on my flyline for free a couple of weeks ago before fishing with Jon B at Lake Davis, my g/f ordered me one of those Patagonia packs late Sunday evening & it was sitting on my doorstep by Tuesday.

TonyMuljat
01-04-2014, 12:03 PM
I'd like to give props to Mark Kranhold. Mark offered an entire box of steelhead flies on the pay it forward thread and I was the lucky recipient. He is one of those on this site that is willing to share his both his knowledge and his fishing gear. Thanks, Mark!

flygut
01-04-2014, 07:27 PM
fishdoc1 is a great guy! I bought some spools from him and everything went great.

TonyMuljat
01-12-2014, 10:35 AM
Props to jbird for the great fly box. Received (2) days after the transaction. Wow! Thanks so much, jbird!

oldtrout
01-17-2014, 11:34 PM
Props to Sunfish who let me pick up the item at my convenience.

http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthread.php?32110-OUTCAST-PAC-800-Pontoon-Boat

Ed Wahl
01-17-2014, 11:59 PM
Props to jbird for the great fly box. Received (2) days after the transaction. Wow! Thanks so much, jbird!

+1 for jbird, I bought both a fly box and a folding knife from him. Quick response and both were works of art.

Jay, the knife went great for the person I bought it for.
Ed

Dave E.
02-22-2014, 10:42 AM
Just completed a sale with Searuns9 and we're both pleased with the outcome. He's a pleasure to deal with and a great communicator. A real class act.

Dave E.

betty
02-24-2014, 09:51 AM
Bought a reel from RDR and all went well. Product as advertised.
Betty

TonyMuljat
03-01-2014, 12:27 AM
I would like to give props to LNelson for my transaction with him on the Lamson HardAlox reel. It is sweet. It was shipped promptly and might I add, professionally. I would not hesitate to recommend LNelson. Thanks so much!

TonyMuljat
03-01-2014, 12:31 AM
I would further like to give props to RJSFLYTRIP for our transaction of Lower Sac flies with a freakin' awesome fly box..... I'm sorry to say, I got the best of this deal.... 100 flies!!!! For what I paid? Are you crazy? Thanks, Ryan!

Rich Morrison
03-03-2014, 05:41 PM
More major props for Jay's fly boxes. Mine arrived today and is just superb. Thanks Jay!
Rich

Rich Morrison
04-21-2014, 06:45 PM
Just completed a deal with Dave E. on a reel and spool. The condition was even better than I expected and they were shipped quickly and packed very nicely. All in all an outstanding transaction. Dave is great to deal with and a true gentleman.

Dave E.
04-22-2014, 11:17 AM
I really don't what I can say about dealing with Rich Morrison that would surprise any of the regulars here at Kiene's / Fishwest, Sacramento.
Rich is a well known and trusted member of this community who generously shares his considerable knowledge with all of us, on a variety of subjects.
If you get the chance to deal with Rich directly, do so. You'll be pleased with the process and the outcome.

Thank you Rich,
Dave E.

goby
04-23-2014, 09:55 AM
I just had my second great transaction with John Sv. Accurate description, well packed, and quickly shipped. He's a great seller. Thanks John!

tcorfey
07-07-2014, 07:15 AM
I had a great experience buying two Orvis rods from Stan (flygut), Great guy excellent product.

RSK
10-29-2014, 09:31 PM
"Shorty" has some really nice gear and priced right listed and I had the pleasure of meeting up with him to pick up one of his rods. Just as advertised and he was very accommodating with our transaction.

Rich Morrison
11-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Second put for Shorty - I bought some rods from him and they arrived quickly and look fantastic. Great seller!
Rich

Dave E.
11-17-2014, 07:26 AM
I'll piggyback in here with more kudos for Shorty. I had the chance to meet up with him to complete our transaction over the weekend. His product descriptions are spot on and he's as genuine as anglers get.

Thanks again, Dave

rollcast
11-17-2014, 08:28 AM
I have to join in and thank shorty for being great to deal with. i bought 2 reels from him and I'm stoked on them.

drdan
07-13-2015, 09:41 PM
Thanks Flybum (Tom) for the Allen Kraken reel deal! I'll name the first striper after you... :)

Geoff H.
09-17-2015, 10:13 AM
I just completed the purchase of a reel from Bob Giannoni. Everything went perfectly and the reel is beautiful and exactly as described. Great guy (but many of you seem to know that already).

whatnext
12-22-2015, 02:45 PM
Props to jerry from sac for a great deal on a nice rod. All went well with rod as described and received in one day.

JayDubP
01-07-2016, 10:47 AM
Props to flymaster (Phil Ryan) of Redding who purchased my Sea Eagle 285 frameless pontoon- what a smooth transaction. When we met he was so helpful in answering my questions about various pontoons and frameless-- plus he paid for lunch! Longtime fly fisher/fly tier/guide/club president. Great guy who loves fly fishing and golf.

whatnext
02-13-2016, 03:40 PM
Props to "sisyphusmpn" for a good deal on a Spring Creek Hopper II pram. We will put it to good use.

whatnext
03-18-2016, 07:29 PM
Picked up a Sage Smallmouth Bass rod from El_Fisherman. Rod, case and line in brand new condition. Good deal and promptly shipped.

pgw
08-08-2016, 11:57 AM
I think it's been said before, but if you're looking for a Powell Rod (Walton, Press, or E.C.) and you can't find one at various places in Chico, contact Rich Morrison...I just received a pristine (probably unfished) Walton Powell Companion Rod (a model that I've been trying to find since about 1980) from him, great guy (I've met him once) and a fair buyer and seller.

DLJeff
12-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Second kudos to Rich Morrison. I had a couple reels I wasn't using and an old one I wanted him to take a look at. He handled the whole deal, seamless, made me a few bucks. Rich knows his stuff.

Quetal
12-10-2017, 07:42 PM
Hey Guys
Stole this idea from elsewhere, pretty simple, if you have a solid transaction with somebody then give a shout out in this thread. Both buyers and sellers. That way one can search this thread and if they see someone's name it gives a little bit of assurance. Also if there's any sort of issue using your real name might help clarify things as well. I’ll sticky it to the top.
Thanks
Aaron

I am selling for a fishing pal that can no longer fish. Thanks to TahoeJoe and Joe Tax for buying some of his prized gear.

DLJeff
12-06-2021, 09:43 PM
I just returned from a trip to Cuba. One of the guys there has a G Loomis 'Shore Stalker' and he broke the tip. It's almost impossible for those guys to access companies outside of Cuba, etc. and even if they can it costs them a fortune. So I offered to bring the rod back and see what Loomis could do for him. One call to Glenn at G Loomis customer service and he had me set up with a replacement tip. As soon as it gets here I'll find someone headed back down there who is willing to hand carry it back to him.

Thanks so much to the good folks at G Loomis.

Bob G
01-06-2023, 09:18 PM
Just a quick note to express my appreciation to John, "Woodman", for the great service he provided to me during my recent purchase of a beautiful fly rod from him...pleasant, responsive, solid packaging and fast shipment!

Thank You, Bob