PDA

View Full Version : Delta + Pleasanton Report 2-24-12

Hatch
02-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Headed to the S/W side with Malbers this morning for a few hour before hitting the Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show. We were the first boat in the water and thankfully the wind had almost completely stopped blowing. We started at first light throwing PoleDancers with no follows. Switched to the sub surface gear and Malbers hooked a small LMB on his second cast. Not the species we were looking for but the skunk was off the boat. Made a move and worked hard for an hour at a spot that often holds fish on the incoming tide that we had, with no grabs. Made another move and found some feeding Mergansers with one willing striper underneath them that went 3#. Kept at it for another 1/2 an hour or so and could not find any more. Made a big move to the Tracts and fished the inside on the incoming tide and got frustrated finding not even a single eater. Time to head back to the ramp and call it a day, dejected that 5 hours of casting produced only one striper. The weather was amazing and it felt like April or May instead of February. We decided to hid our first spot one last time. The tide had reversed and was pouring out so we thought we would give it one drift to see if any one was home. Well wouldn't you know it the fish were there and some body had rang the dinner bell. They weren't big but they were eager and we hooked 16 in about 45 minutes with a couple of doubles and Malbers went 3 fish in three cast at one point. We caught some of the good action on video and as soon as it started it just stopped. Now its time to go. We headed over the hill to the show and had a great time hang'n with some old friends and meeting some new ones.
HATCH

ryanerb
02-25-2012, 12:06 AM
well, glad you guys hit em good at the end. I was going to head to the show tomorrow, never been. how was it?

malbers
02-26-2012, 09:02 PM
It was a fabulous day in the February sun???? I'm glad we figured out the pieces of the puzzle. It wasn't easy but there are worse things to do with a day. Also good to meet some industry front runners in my opinion.