PDA

View Full Version : Watt ave

bassakwards
02-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Anybody doing well at Watt ave?

Scott V
02-24-2012, 02:17 PM
I've been seeing a lot of people fishing from the island just below Watt. But I know of no reports. Heck I haven't been out myself, that is going to have to change real soon.

tacocat
02-24-2012, 09:15 PM
I've been seeing a lot of people fishing from the island just below Watt. But I know of no reports. Heck I haven't been out myself, that is going to have to change real soon.

Maybe if you quit buying all the best fly shops in California.

CapitalFishr
02-25-2012, 11:07 AM
I believe f&g possibly released a ton of small trout at Watt. Last weekend I was out chasing half pounders swinging a soft hackle and ran into a slew of 8-14" fish that were jumping all over the place. I was out there again the other day with 8wt and airhead hoping these fish attracted a few stripers but didn't get a tug. Seems most of the plant/school? have moved down river possibly.

spinfisher
03-06-2012, 03:47 PM
I went out on sunday and caught 10-15 of the 10"-12" trout, lots of fun . used a BH nymph.

Mark Kranhold
03-06-2012, 04:24 PM
DFG just dropped a tanker full today at Howe ave. I was fishing mid river this weekend and saw a big Striper working those hatchery releases just down from me. It was pretty impressive to sit and watch, you would just see this big dorsal fin sticking out of the water sitting there and then a big burst of the feeding frenzy began. It was chasin and thrashing in the shallows along the shoreline. Pretty freakin cool!