PDA

View Full Version : Almarco 8’ Aluminum “Little Drifter” for sale

boots
02-22-2012, 06:43 AM
Almarco 8’ Aluminum “Little Drifter”s SOLD

The “Little Drifter” is a rip off design of larger tested wooden drift boat models that factor the dimensions to get the same stability and quality in smaller boats. The secret is the design of wooden drift boats that now use welded aluminum, cut to fit the 8’ pattern. The 8’ design has proven to function in North Pacific coastal waters w’ safety and efficiency as the “aluminum welds” hold up under tough “ drift boat” conditions and take less, almost none, maintenance. The size, weight and stability of the “little drifter” allows easy access and regress from streams and still waters. Safety and stability while fly casting are strong factors that make this boat a popular choice for fly fisherman. I am asking $750.00 for this quality pram.
The boat weighs 70 lbs. and comes with two anchor releases on the stern and one removable anchor release on the bow. The seat stores floatation and the high oar locks allow speedy control in moving waters. I have wrapped some sleeping pads around the seat for comfort. However, the seat provides a sturdy place for an “installed seat”. I have used several type seats w’ folding backs for long days on the water

Added: Accessories
1. Two coats of TAP [COAT-IT] epoxy coating on bottom, improve rowing energies.
2. Outdoor carpet installed on floor, reduce noise while fly fishing.

The boat is housed in Cameron Park and we can find an agreeable place to meet for the exchange. PayPal fees apply and shipping is not an option.

Boots: 530.677.4439 c/530545.0581
Pics email on request.

Tony Buzolich
02-22-2012, 08:39 AM
I read this post a couple of times but don't see an asking price.
TONY

Hatch
02-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Hey Tony
It says $750.00
HATCH

Tony Buzolich
02-22-2012, 09:34 PM
My Bad. I'm just getting hard of hearing too :) TONY

Hector Lopez
02-23-2012, 09:06 AM
Thats funny I read the post twice yesterday as well and did not see a price. Did you insert that after the fact or am I also starting to miss stuff as well.:eek:

yellowlab
02-23-2012, 06:43 PM
I had an extremely bad experience with this guy Bill King. He passed off information eluding that this pram was his when in fact it was his bosses. I wouldn't trust this guy as he promised me other accessories with the pram. I had contracted a shipper and paid that shipper a good deal of money to transport the boat from the Sacramento area to Seattle AND paid BOOTS (Bill King) the full amount via Paypal for the boat. Here is his email to me:

from billK bill.king4
to Paul K <>
date Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 8:55 AM
subject Invoice for pram
signed-by sbcglobal.net
Important mainly because of the words in the message.
hide details Feb 25 (2 days ago)
This will be your invoice:

A. 1 Almcaro 8’ Aluminum Pram $750.00

Including:

B. 2 Cataract Mini Magnum Oars

( 7' Cataract 2-Piece Oar with Blade)
Installed BladeRite Oar stops
C. 2 small brass Oar Locks (Paul these fit the Almarco locks

(Extra Small brass oar holders (backup) in yellow bag.
D. Tether straps (so you do not lose oars)

E. Large and Small lead anchors and anchor ropes. (inside yellow bag.

I take this bag aboard for rain protection. Cover w’ plastic bag (inside pocket)

It will keep rain gear, extra clothing, lunch dry.

After, we spoke and agreed upon this deal I got an email from Bill indicating that he wasn't able to include the oars mentioned. I said, thats fine, just get me a standard set of oars, a few hours later, he said that he couldn't do that and now the boat didn't include any accessories as he had promise to deliver. He abruptly sent a note saying that the PayPal funds were being refunded and to pretty much screw it on the fee that I paid to the shipper. I was able to cancel the shipping, but they were only able to refund 90% of the total cost. When I asked Bill to man up and pay the $43 that he should be responsible for due to re-negging the deal he pretty much said, 'its not my responsibility'.

I've had alot of good success with forum classifieds, but this would rate as the worst experience so far. The seller was dishonest, and I felt like it was a bait and switch or perhaps he got a better offer for the boat. I've always known flyfishermen to be straight up and honest people, but this ordeal was just too much, I won't trust anyone unless I can put a name to their face.

yellowlab
02-27-2012, 10:24 AM
I had an extremely bad experience with this guy Bill King. He passed off information eluding that this pram was his when in fact it was his bosses. I wouldn't trust this guy as he promised me other accessories with the pram. I had contracted a shipper and paid that shipper a good deal of money to transport the boat from the Sacramento area to Seattle AND paid BOOTS (Bill King) the full amount via Paypal for the boat. Here is his email to me:

from billK bill.king4
to Paul K <>
date Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 8:55 AM
subject Invoice for pram
signed-by sbcglobal.net
Important mainly because of the words in the message.
hide details Feb 25 (2 days ago)
This will be your invoice:

A. 1 Almcaro 8’ Aluminum Pram $750.00

Including:

B. 2 Cataract Mini Magnum Oars

( 7' Cataract 2-Piece Oar with Blade)
Installed BladeRite Oar stops
C. 2 small brass Oar Locks (Paul these fit the Almarco locks

(Extra Small brass oar holders (backup) in yellow bag.
D. Tether straps (so you do not lose oars)

E. Large and Small lead anchors and anchor ropes. (inside yellow bag.

I take this bag aboard for rain protection. Cover w’ plastic bag (inside pocket)

It will keep rain gear, extra clothing, lunch dry.

After, we spoke and agreed upon this deal I got an email from Bill indicating that he wasn't able to include the oars mentioned. I said, thats fine, just get me a standard set of oars, a few hours later, he said that he couldn't do that and now the boat didn't include any accessories as he had promise to deliver. He abruptly sent a note saying that the PayPal funds were being refunded and to pretty much screw it on the fee that I paid to the shipper. I was able to cancel the shipping, but they were only able to refund 90% of the total cost. When I asked Bill to man up and pay the $43 that he should be responsible for due to re-negging the deal he pretty much said, 'its not my responsibility'.

I've had alot of good success with forum classifieds, but this would rate as the worst experience so far. The seller was dishonest, and I felt like it was a bait and switch or perhaps he got a better offer for the boat. I've always known flyfishermen to be straight up and honest people, but this ordeal was just too much, I won't trust anyone unless I can put a name to their face.