PDA

View Full Version : Felty 911 reel for 9-11wt lines, mint in box

windknot
02-21-2012, 08:15 PM
I've got a black Felty 911 fly reel with 10-weight fly line, original box, paperwork, lubricating oil, and case. This reel is in mint condition with absolutely no marks or flaws and has never been rigged on a rod or fished, only taken out of the box to be lined.

For those who aren't aware, Felty is a South African fly fishing reel manufacturer which is very popular among saltwater fly fishermen in Australia. The 911 retailed for $550 AU when it was still being sold and was designed to hold 9-weight through 11-weight conventional lines, featuring an incredible closed drag system which is permanently lubricated.

I purchased it from a guy in Australia last year almost entirely for informational purposes; I have a Thomas & Thomas branded trout reel that looked similar and wanted to check out a Felty to confirm my hunch. Now that I've verified the manufacturer of my T&T reel, I don't need the Felty any longer.

You can view pictures here:
http://wanderswithtrout.wordpress.com/gear/for-sale/felty-911-reel/

Sold.

Thanks for looking,
Matt

dynaflow
02-21-2012, 10:19 PM
These are brilliantly engineered bullet proof reels with sealed cork drags that will stop trains.Right up there with Abel,Tibor,Mako etc.IMHO and this is a great price:thumbsup:Your grandchildren will fight over this reel in years to come:D
Cheers
Peter

windknot
02-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the added information and praise, Peter. I tried to dig up as much as I could find (admittedly, not much) when I first bought this reel to compare with my Thomas & Thomas branded Felty trout reel.

I'm planning to keep that reel (and even fish it sometimes!) for a long, long time, but I rarely fish in this size class so I figured I'd sell it and use the proceeds to fund my ever-growing trout reel collection.

windknot
02-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Reel is sold pending payment.