PDA

View Full Version : Sac fishing STRONG!

RJSFLYTRIP
02-14-2012, 02:52 PM
The fishing on the Lower Sac continues to be really good. This last week I have fished from Anderson to Balls and from Posse to Bonnyview. Both drifts resulted in good fishing. I would say the overall fishing is better on the Lower Drifts but the big fish are eating on the Upper as well. Most days on the Anderson drift has been resulting in 30+ fish days with most of the fish between 12-14". While Posse has been a little less with 20+ fish days being the average but most of the fish going between 16-18". On Sunday we boated 1 21", 2 20", 2 19", and 4 18" rainbows.

Expect the best fishing right now to be on sunny days. When the sun comes out so do the bugs. Currently you have caddis, baetis, and pmds all hatching on the Lower Sac. If you are lucky enough to catch it there has been some solid dry fly fishing down below the Deschutes Bridge. Not big fish eating dries but its still throwing dries on the Sac. That is a pretty rare experience.

The best bugs on the Sac have been prince nymphs, hogans spring fling, olive micro may, and the rubberlegs.

This next week I will be on the Yuba trying to find some fish looking for Skwalas.

If you are interested in fishing this spring then things are starting to fill up. Only 1 weekend (March 17-18) left until mid May. All of my current openings are below:

March 15-18, 21-22, 26-28

April 9, 11-12, 17-18, 20, 23-24, 27, 30

Tight Lines!

Slice
02-14-2012, 08:33 PM
I did the posse drift with Ryan yesterday, turned out to be a real nice day. Ryan is a great guide and a solid guy to shoot the shit with for the day as well, I had an absolute blast. I highly recomend booking a trip with him. Jim