PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Tropical 10/11 wt saltwater line

Mort
02-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Looking to pick up a good used/nearly new 10 WFF and 10 or 11 WFF/I salt water line with a clear int. tip for a trip to Belize in June. It will be used to fish for Permit. If anyone is done using one and wants to sell it, give me an email or PM. Needs to be a subdued colour, not a bright green, yellow etc.

Thanks.

FISHEYE
02-14-2012, 01:39 PM
I hate to sound "high and mighty" but why are you using an I tip for permit. I have fished about 120 days in Belize in the last few years and almost all of the permit shots I have had (hundreds) have been in less than 3 feet of water. I use the Rio redfish line. I also use an 8wt rod. The line you ar looking for would make a great tarpon line. I use a Rio tarpon line 11 WF F/I on a 10 wt rod.

Mort
02-14-2012, 02:46 PM
No problem Fisheye. I am new to salt water fishing and I appreciate the feedback. I am looking for a 10wt floating line as well. I will have to fix that in the post. The interm. line we were thinking of bringing to have in the event we would need it for permit but also to fish the reef. We are going to Placencia in June. No need to bother with the interm line then you say?

Thanks,

chris

FISHEYE
02-14-2012, 05:48 PM
I fish that WF F/I a lot for tarpon, jacks, cuda, and blackfin tuna. You need that line in Belize. Just not for permit. If you want an inexpensive permit line look at the cabelas saltwater prestige plus. It is not as good as the Rio redfish but it works.

Mort
02-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Good to know.

thanks.
Chris