PDA

View Full Version : Lance Gray has SH Tour on the Lower American River

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Saturday morning Lance Gray and Greg Vinci ( for local knowledge ) met 6 new students at Kiene's for a Steelhead clinic on the American River.

They showed them some good techniques for Indo fishing as well as swinging flies for Steelehad.

They also took them on a tour of some of the good Steelhead water on the river.

Lance is getting known for his "Fly Fishing Tours" that introduce fly fishers to new waters and good techneques.

http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com/fly_fishing_tours

** Lance and Lincoln Gray are part of the family here at Kiene's Fly Shop.

Lance Gray
02-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Bill thank you for your support and having the shop open for us to meet at. Kirsten & I and appreciate everything your folks do.
Both Valley Steelhead Tours have gone off without a hitch. Everyone that has attended the tour walked away with knowledge, access, and equipment needed to go back a fish with confidence on both the American and Feather Rivers. We had a great group of guys.
Greg and I will be doing the Valley Steelhead Tours again next year. The schedule is already done. It might not be on the website yet, but it will be on there soon. If anyone is interested in it just give me quick little email.
We are also doing numerous other tours with Bill Carnazzo, Ken Hanley, Lincoln Gray, Jon Mircetich and Ray Narbaitz. They’re all listed on your website.
Again Bill thank you, for your help. We love Kiene’s and it is always a part of our family too!!
A special thanks to Jim and Aaron – Thanks guys. Jim the item you gave me is being returned in the mail. Thanks!!

Lance Gray
Fly Guide
530-517-2204
http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com

Joe Mateas
02-13-2012, 07:24 PM
I was one of the 6, had agreat time with Lance and Greg. We checked out a bunch of spots and Lance helped out alot with excelent tips on technique and a new way to rig up an indicator that worked great. Greg was great help as well, lending his knowledge of the American river and steelheading in general. I felt bad for him fallin' in the drink, f-ing up a camera, and losing the rod/reel, hope someone finds it for him. I didn't land anything but I did gat a few bumps and hooked up once only to have him jump and come unbuttoned. All in all it was a great trip, I'll be checking out Lance's other "tours" for sure, for the cost you get alot. Thanks for the great trip guys!

Sierrapacific
02-13-2012, 08:08 PM
For anyone who may be interested . . . the camera may be OK. After immersing it in
a bowl of rice (acting as a desiccant) a couple of days and a good blow drying, the
camera came to life. Unfortunately, the lens appears cooked. Still haven't heard
anything about the rod/reel.

Greg