PDA

View Full Version : The Show Just Ended

Jay Murakoshi
02-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Been here in ABQ, NM for the past week doing a local hunting and fishing sports show.
It was a 3 day show which draws people from around the area.
The show a lot of hunting lodge exhibitors, a number of Alaska lodges, exhitbitor's selling Disk-its, carved wooden fish, boats, motor homes, ATV's and a couple fly fishing lodges and I was the only Baja kid in town.
Friday was a slow day but picked up a little close to closing time. Had some interest in Baja most of the people were impressed with the photo's i had hanging of dorado, roosters, jacks and wahoo.
Saturday was quite busy, lot's of talking, selling a few flies a couple t-shirts and DVD's. I tied for a couple hours at the fly tyer's symposium put on by New Mexico Trout. Usually big crowds around my table watching me stack and cut deer hair, something different that watching small trout flies being tied. Lot's of interest in baja and them wanting to try and catch a rooster. For 2013, looks like sign up could be good. I might have some potential for this year's group.
Sunday started slow then it really picked up in the afternoon. We had some snow this morning and this afternoon. Have you ever seen a casting demo when the pond it frozen over. Definitely this is not my type of weather. I waiting one hour last night in 35mph wind with the chill factor around 18 degrees. My a$$ was frozen. The general manager will hear about this tomorrow morning before I leave

Would I do it again? Possibly

See you back on the west coast where is warm or warmer

jay

Don Powell
02-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Just false cast a few times and the ice will melt!
Hope you thaw out soon...