PDA

View Full Version : Delta Report 2-9-12

Hatch
02-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Being "Family Season" I am not able to fish sunrise to sunset so I dropped my daughter off at school then quickly came home, hooked up the boat and raced out the N/E side. Had MAlbers with me. Beautiful weather and no wind. We had 3.5 hours to get our "Fish On". We, luckily, found some eager fish on our first stop. We followed the Herons, Egrets and Grebes for a few hours and hooked 7 keeper sized stripers (lost one), 3 nice LMB and MAlbers gets a Delta Slam with a small fin clipped SteelHead. Not a bad day. Home in time to pick the kids up from school. Thanks Matt and "Cheers" to hard working wives.
HATCH
:D

Spicytuna1
02-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Good stuff...haven't been out it a while. Looks like things are starting to pick up a little now that its a little warmer. Thanks for the report and good news

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Dan Blanton told me that as it warms up in March you can have some great action in the Delta.

JerryInLodi
02-10-2012, 06:05 PM
I've been out three times in the last ten days and don't think I've seen a fish on my graph any of the three days! Scored big goose eggs on the first two outings and ended the day with two stripers (one about 2 pounds and one dink) and one 2 pound LMB. I've covered water from the San Joaquin to Hog Slough up the Mok.

The lack of any fish on the graph is worrisome, and no sea lions or otters either? Going south with a big group tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

Hatch
02-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Jerry
We marked no fish either. Saw several groups of otters. I am following the birds. If there are Egrets and Herons hang'n around I know there is a fish or two in the area. It is not "Hot" by any means but there is a few hungry fish around and that beats doing yard work or folding laundry any day,
Hatch