PDA

View Full Version : Put up your email and/or phone number?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Many come here daily to the classifieds that are not registered which is great but if they want to buy your product they need your email or phone number to contact you.

Maybe you need to put your email and/or phone number down on your posts for things you want to sell?

What do you think?

LNelson
02-08-2012, 03:16 AM
Registration is still free isn't it? What's the downside of signing up?
Many come here daily to the classifieds that are not registered which is great but if they want to buy your product they need your email or phone number to contact you.

Maybe you need to put your email and/or phone number down on your posts for things you want to sell?

What do you think?

Dave E.
02-08-2012, 07:39 AM
What’s this, are the lurkers complaining about access issues?
Seems like the classifieds are one of the positive by products of being an active member of this website.

The downside of providing a phone number & email addy would be, providing more personal info to potential cyber-stalkers. The P.M. system works just fine.

Dave

jbird
02-08-2012, 07:50 AM
I agree with DaveE. The PM function is a good, secure way to innitiate contact. Its kind of a neutral ground to meet on.

NCL
02-08-2012, 08:37 AM
I also agree with Jbird and Dave. Another board that I frequent just had a discussion about getting burned by scams with the unfortunate consequence of a discussion about first time posters with sale items.

gjake999
02-08-2012, 08:52 AM
It would seem that direct contact information would be a small step toward inhancing secuity for a buyer and would be reasonable request of seller posting on this board

Tony Buzolich
02-08-2012, 08:52 AM
I think as much information as possible about some one makes it easier to identify and or contact that person. If a post is a scam you'd find out immediately with a phone call or an e-mail that would be rejected.

I'd like to see an accurate identity in each members profile along with contact information so that anyone can contact that person. If a person wants to use his "nick-name handle" at least his real name is available for PM comtact.

If you've got something to say or sell, be right up front with it.
TONY

Mike O
02-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Registration is still free isn't it? What's the downside of signing up?

Uhhh...you "may" actually decide to participate?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Over the past few years I have gotten phone calls fat the shop from people who are not yet registered who want to buy something they just saw up there on the classifieds but I understand now that there is some protection by not putting up too much personal info.

Thanks for the good feedback.....

Jaybinder
02-08-2012, 11:50 AM
"membership has it's privileges"

It's quick and easy to sign up.

Woodman
02-08-2012, 11:51 AM
I think PM works fine. Whatever info each party needs to feel comfortable with the deal can be exchanged privately.

Hector Lopez
02-09-2012, 02:28 PM
The privlages of being a member are great! I have purchased many items other members no longer use and I have never been disappointed in any transaction. I trust that any registered member will send the product after I paypal them because they are part of the Kiene's family. If bystanders don't want to sign up then I believe they shouldn't have access to the items for sale. Heck its already tuff enough to get a PM to someone with the members that are signed up already. I have also seen items that don't get sold put on craigslist and e-bay to see if a broad range of viewers will purchase so everything seems to be in working order without revealing a whole lot of information to the general public.:-({|=