PDA

View Full Version : Seaguar AbrazX

Terry Thomas
02-02-2012, 09:01 PM
We now are carrying Seaguar AbrazX. Keith Kaneko has been using the product in his guide business this past season and highly recommended it to us. I have also been using AbrazX this season for steelhead. AbrazX is 100% flurocarbon and has a higher abrasion factor than Grand Max and Grand Max FX. It is available in 6lb up to 25lb. Besides being much better in high abrasion situations, it comes in 200yd spools and is priced much lower than Grand Max.
A spool of 6lb. runs $24.50 and the price rises to $37.50 for the 25lb spool. When you consider a 25yd spool of Grand Max is $17.50, this is a pretty good value! Of course when you need delicate presentations and suppleness, Grand Max and Grand Max Fx are still the better choices.

Jed Peters
02-03-2012, 09:34 PM
I've used this on my nymph rigs and my swinging rigs the last 2 years. It's the best, most price performing stuff out there.

Compare to Fluoro tippet to build a nymph rig, or super spendy 12lbs Fluoro, and this is the best stuff you can use.

Keith Kaneko
02-05-2012, 11:37 PM
I have been using AbrazX for nymphing and swing rigs for the past couple of years. It is very abrasion resistant, while still maintaining suppleness. Also, this leader material seats very well while tying knots. On nymph rigs, I use a Christopher Knot for attaching extra leader to the main leader and an improved clinch for tying on flies. For swing rigs, I tie with a non-slip (Kreh) loop knot. They come in 200 yard spools, which is quite a cost savings when you consider it is equivalent to 6-8 spools of "tippet". High quality leader at a modest price.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Personally another reason I like FC because it does not rot or degrade so I don't have to throw it away in a few years.

http://frontrangeanglers.com/newsletter/june04/christopherknot.htm

Courtesy of the Frontier Anglers newsletter: