PDA

View Full Version : SFA Kyburz

kyburz
01-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Staying At Sierra Inn at Kyburz tonight. Is that section of SFA open to fishing this time of year? If so thought I might give it a shot since winter has been pretty mellow this year.:confused:

jburge
01-29-2012, 09:27 AM
You're good to go. State regs:

(4.5) American River, North Fork, Middle Fork, South Fork and their tributaries above Folsom Lake (Placer, Eldorado, Amador, and Alpine cos.).

Nov. 16 through the Friday preceding the last Saturday in Apr. Only artificial lures with barbless hooks may be used.

0 daily bag and possession limit.

Have fun! And if you can, post a little report :-)

John

kyburz
01-29-2012, 09:51 AM
I love Silver Fork, SFA during our summer family camping trips. I've got this week off and rest of fam is either working or in school......so why not spend some solitary quality time there if it is OK to fish! Your reply gives me the peace of mind so I won't be looking over my shoulder when I'm streamside.:D

candyman
02-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Kyburz, I would be interested in knowing the conditions on the silver fork. let us know.

Scott V
02-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Kyburz, I would be interested in knowing the conditions on the silver fork. let us know.

Silver Fork road should be closed so it will be a nice little hike unless you head straight up through the canyon from the SFA.