PDA

View Full Version : Salt Water Fly Fishing Clinic

johnstoned
01-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Does anyone know of someone who offers a surf fly fishing clinic or instruction?

Tony Buzolich
01-28-2012, 12:10 PM
One of the best ways to get started beach fishing is to go with a guide that knows his way around for various fish in season. Contact Loren Elliot, the beach is his specialty and for the price of a day's fishing you'll learn more than you can ever imagine.

If you want to get a feel for it cheaper, Loren will be giving a surf fishing presentation at the Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show next month. Check him out,
TONY

Darian
01-28-2012, 12:16 PM
You might want to look in to the clinics conducted by Ken Hanley and Jay Murakoshi. I believe that Kens website has info about them:

www.pacificextremes.com

Jay's website is at:

www.fliesunlimited.com

One surf guide for the area from Monterey thru Marin that I've seen on this BB is Loren Elliott. Loren used to work at the now defunct Western Sports Shop in San Rafael. Not sure how to get in touch with him as he's away at college....

A second person to try to get in touch with is Mark Won who's also difficult to contact. Mark might be reached thru his e-mail address. His handle on this BB is Myflyzdown. Check out his member profile.

Not sure how much experience you've had in the suds.... If beginning, you might want to read Ken Hanleys book, "Fly Fishihng the Pacific Inshore, Strategies for Estuaries, Bays and Beaches." Lotsa good info there. :D

Lance Gray
01-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Ken Hanley and I are conducting a "Surf Tour" in May in Monteray Bay area. It will be a three day tour/clinic of places to go, fish and tackle needed. Transportation from the meeting spot, lunch and beverages are provided. Below is the link to our website and the page for the tour. If you have any questions please let me know.

http://lancegrayandcompany.com/fly_fishing_tours/fly_fishing_the_surf

Lance Gray
Fly Guide
530-517-2204
http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com

k.hanley
01-28-2012, 06:46 PM
I hope you folks can join us in May. I'm really looking forward to working with Lance in providing an opportunity to "totally wrap yourself into the surf game."

Cheers, Ken