PDA

View Full Version : Trinity Shuttle

bubzilla
01-27-2012, 10:58 PM
Can anyone recommend a reliable shuttle for the Trinity?

Ben Kobrin
01-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Bill and Carol Dickens...530-623-1905.

JGB
01-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Nice people, and reliable. Might even have some current fishing info for you too.

JGB

bubzilla
01-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the responses. Got in a couple days of much needed R&R. Cold mornings but beautiful afternoons.

JSRedding
01-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Sorry, but I just got stranded at evans bar by Bill and Carol. No cell service. Hitched a ride back to DC but ended up wasting 3 hours and trying to load my raft in the dark. I hope someone in the area starts up a reliable shuttle. I guess it saved me the $50, but I will run my own Trinity shuttles from now on. BEWARE! Unfortunately there is no other shuttle that I know of. I guess that's why they can leave you high and dry in the middle of nowhere.

Steelin' Time
01-29-2012, 11:10 PM
I have no idea what happened in this situation, but Bill and Carol Dickens are very reliable. Although I have not fished the Trinity in recent years, I have used their service over a several year period of time and they are excellent. Just my two cents.....

fluvial
01-30-2012, 06:29 AM
Bill and Carol are 100% solid. 7 years experience tells me so. Lots of mixed results over the western states (Montana Blackfoot - shuttle was 3 hours late and showed up with a 6-pack to say sorry and then drank 5 of them) but never a problem with B&C. The last 3 years my now 15 year-old daughter and I do our Trinity December 3-day snow or sleet raft camping trip... Bill and Carol always there to personally see us off demanding that I take a cell phone as there is coverage in parts of the canyon - and they insist we call at any time of night should there ever be a problem. Like Boy Scouts those two...
Reading your post - what does "no cell service" have to do with anything? Shuttle trips need to be pre-arranged, speaking directly to the shuttle folks... no leaving messages, no calls from on the river, no altering take-outs and hoping your message gets through (although I have done all of those, I can't blame the shuttle). And whether or not the shuttle uses a cell phone, or declines to share that cell phone number with every stranger -
Bill and Carol are 100% solid.
Bruce Mace

jbird
01-30-2012, 07:10 AM
(Montana Blackfoot - shuttle was 3 hours late and showed up with a 6-pack to say sorry and then drank 5 of them)

LOL Classic!

Dave Neal
01-30-2012, 02:43 PM
JSRedding, WOW! Not sure what happened in your situation. Obviously more to the story?

I've called on Bill & Carol for years to run shuttles for me and I know well more than a dozen other guides who use them everyday of the season. THEY ARE WONDERFUL people who provide an honest, reliable, safe shuttle service.

I would recommend them to anyone needing a shuttle service on the Upper Trinity River!! Just call and confirm the night before, or early in the a.m. usually you will chat with Carol and she is a sweet as they come.

Darrin.Deel
01-30-2012, 09:04 PM
I have used Bill and Carol somewhere around 50 times with no incidents...sounds like a communication mishap...

Hopefully you caught a few fish to make it better...

JSRedding
02-01-2012, 04:25 PM
We did book and confirm the night before with B&C. Keys were to be put under driver rear bumper, which is exactly where they were left. Carol left a note on a different vehicle at Evans that said, "Sorry, couldn't find the keys." That's it.

I think they could have at least come down to Evans bar around 4pm to see if we were stranded, or left a voice message or something. I can guarantee you that there is no cell coverage at Evans bar as I have been there many times. You have to walk up the road to a flat spot about 2 miles to get a tower.

I was just sharing my experience for others to consider. I have used their shuttle on numerous occasions as well. Keys in the same place as usual, same vehicle. Miscommunication maybe, but when you're standing there watching the sun go down 45 minutes from where your vehicle is, it sucks. Like I said, just my experience. I thought they could have come down to Evans bar rather than leaving a note that said sorry, couldn't find the keys. The keys were exactly as described, where they were previous trips, right up under the bumper, almost hanging out, when I got back there near dark.

Rherrjr
02-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Well lets hope no theievs read your last post](*,)