PDA

View Full Version : ISE show favorites

Mark Kranhold
01-23-2012, 07:41 PM
I first started my day out fishing and ran into Joe Shershac in the parking lot [BONUS]! That is always good talk with Joe, he was filling me in on the secret past of the American river on where i should fish and what flies to swing... What a true gentleman he is and a true fish magnet as well. So i got blanked all day..not Joe's fault i just couldn't find the grabby ones, decided to stop and go to the ISE show. Showed up and stopped by Anderson custom rods booth. I was checking out some of Gary's new rods that he has come out with, he has a new two-handed trout spey 11'7" 2wt. Awesome, going to have to pick apart some trout streams this summer. Gary sure does some amazing beautiful work on his rods, a true craftsman. I started to talk to Gary , Al Perryman and Dennis Lee about what's new and just plain fish talk. Boy you can sure feel and see the passion of fishing in there faces when you talk to this bunch. The stories of Steelheading and experiences we have all had and certain scenarios we have come across in chasing this fish called Steelhead:fish: What i would give to fish with Al for a day... he is one fishy dude that could hone in one's skill of Steelheading, maybe in my next life :roll:If you ever get a chance to talk to Dennis about the American Steelhead ...Do it! He has so much knowledge of these fish...what the true native strain was...what's going on with the strains...lost strains and strays... the list goes on. What a great group of guys with a wealth of information, it's always fun to see them and shoot the shit.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Joe, Gary, Al and Dennis are really cool guys who have fly fishing as a big part of their life.