PDA

View Full Version : Pescadero Creek?

Mr F
01-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Howdy folks,

Has anyone fished Pescadero lately? I'm wondering if the mouth is open. Perhaps with the coming rain . . . ?

Cheers,

Mr F

Cruzin4Metalheads
01-18-2012, 06:41 PM
WAAAY to low to fish now. Wait till after the rain, then maybe. not many fish in their anymore, but a few around here and there.

Jaybinder
01-19-2012, 07:32 PM
It doesn't seem like fly fishing water? Check with the DFG for the specific regs. If you go be sure to stop by Duartes' for some artichoke soup, it's the best.

Jason

Darian
01-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Haven't been over there in years but when I lived in San Mateo County, I routinely caught Silvers/Steelhead in the tidal portion of that creek and the others that started with San Gregorio down thru the San Lorenzo on flys. It was true even then that fish populations were not large but still fishable.

Not sure I'd devote much time to those creeks at this point. Clamming/surf fishing is probably a better bet. Watch out for MPAs.... :)

golfish
01-20-2012, 09:28 AM
If you go be sure to stop by Duartes' for some artichoke soup, it's the best.

Jason

MMMmmm, yes that is awesome soup. Inside the little no-name gas station across the street makes the best fish tacos/burritos I've ever had. For some reason it's not on the menu, gotta ask for it. This is THE spot after ocean fishing off our yaks near the local beaches.