PDA

View Full Version : I am "Boca Grande".........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Our old retired Cortland Line Company Rep, Joe Patterson, gave me that nickname.

As you may know Boca Grande means big mouth.......

My old friend and fishing partner Leo Gutterres from Stockton, CA, calls me "Easy Money".......

My brother Dick Kiene calls me "Fat Willie".....

My Uncle Dick Anderson called me "Beeley"......

My youngest sister called me "Bulley" when she was little.

Maybe I will think of more.

What is your nickname?

Lincoln Gray
01-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Ok, I will bite!

The obvious: Log, Abraham, Abe, Lincoln Continental, Gray Lincoln, Lincoln Town Car
From Sports: Lionel (long story), Speedy, Mad Dog
That is about it…. Oh, did I mention the ex-wife’s names for me? I did not think so……..

BillB
01-18-2012, 08:28 PM
This could get ugly . . . Lurch. I was at the time of life that coordination was a rare commodity for most boys but mostly absent for me! I was a decent baseball player and could really stroke that tater. Seems though that I often had my large feet slide out from under me running the bases so my dad, God rest his sole, provided me with that moniker. I once had a coach who played first base for the Cardinals behind Bill White. He told me that if he could hit the ball like I could he would still be in the majors. "As far as you hit the ball I could run the bases twice, and you just get to second!" Or, "You know Bill it's not that you are slow, you just run too long in one place!" I have a similar talent wading bowling ball free stone streams.

donkeyhunter007
01-18-2012, 11:04 PM
VeggieMike, veggiemikesandwich, Veggietron, MikeDog, Big Mike, CrazyMike, Cracker, kendolliver,Mario Andretti, Ollie, GregBrady............. theres a few more that would not be appropriate for this fine forum of gentlemen. Im known by many names in many different circles............. call me what you will, but PLEASE.... just dont.................call me late for dinner!

BobVP
01-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Many of my friends...okay, both of them....call my BVP. some are more formal with RVP. There are a few about that feel compelled to always use my full name when we meet, "Hey, Bob Van Peer" (Started when I was working with a pre-school group) only it is run together as one word. There are few that call me "The Dutchman" and I miss my departed friend that simply called me "Dutch".
When I get the chance to do woodwork on one of the boats my brother builds (steel) everyone calls me ""termite".
Then there are just a few folks that are compelled to call me "bveep"...never asked why.
I like them all but I could never stand "van" or "Rob".
As for Boca Grande, many years ago, when I first visited Mexico, they called me Flaco. No more!

catch&release
01-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Everyone calls me "The Marathon Man" especialy at Lake Crowley because no one puts more hours on the water from sun rise to sunset as I do.

Pyramid they call me "Crazy" because i will fish in anything and even was accused of sleeping on top of the rocks at Pelican to get the early morning spot the year before last year. It was not so, I sleep on a cote next to my truck with the alarm set for 4:30am. If you want to get the spot, get up earlier than me!

I do love me some "stillwater" fishing!