PDA

View Full Version : AAAAAARGH!! Left a rod on my roof at the Russian...

JGB
01-18-2012, 08:35 AM
and drove off!! I'm not even blond, I'm grey!!

I am too embarrassed to mention the rod/manufacturer from Bainbridge(don't even think of asking which rod, I don't want to think about it!), cuz anyone who doe$n't account for that rod and reel $et-up at all times i$ an idiot.

Who? Me? Uh-huh!

On the Russian at the summer bridge turn-off, next to that Hideaway place below G-ville.

If you found it let me know by PM and I'll make it worth your while...

Gave the shops in G-ville and Rhonert Park a heads up to keep an eye out for it.

:crybaby:

(This is a real bummer, hide the razor blades...)

TIA, JGB

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-18-2012, 08:41 AM
I have heard these stories for many years in the sporting goods business.

Bad ones are shotguns after hunting left on top of the vehicle....

We will keep an ear open for you.

radlations
01-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Hmmm I'm thinking about carving my name number on my pole

RSK
01-18-2012, 07:20 PM
I've lost 2 wetsuits and quite a few coffee cups off the top of the car, but amazed at how many cups of coffee were still there waiting for me when I reached my destination, but fortunately no rods or guns yet. I try and get in a routine when setting up and taking down and I always set the rod up first and break it down and put it away first. Hope it turns up for you still in fishable condition.

Russell

STEELIES/26c3
01-18-2012, 08:45 PM
I know a couple guys that were fishing that stretch Monday.

They mentioned fish and sea lions but never said anything about a fly rod/reel.

I'll ask anyway.

My condolences.

It's tuff losing nice things erroneously...

Better than losing an arm or a hand though...

The rod and reel can 'grow back'

M

Ed Wahl
01-18-2012, 10:01 PM
That has got to be by far the number one reason for lost/destroyed fishing rods. I've done it myself and know several other's who've done it.
There's no getting around the inevitable mistakes but I have learned over time to always make a last check of the roof before driving away.

Condolences on your lost rod, I feel your pain.

Ed

donkeyhunter007
01-18-2012, 10:34 PM
I was going around a sharp freeway on ramp in oregon, I looked out the window and there it was my snowbord flying through the air like a bird. It was worthless after that. hope you get your Rod/reel back.

JGB
01-18-2012, 10:55 PM
funeral TBA.

JGB

troutless
01-18-2012, 11:40 PM
What's amazing to me is how long stuff can stay on the roof before it flies off.

Rods can be good for up to a half-mile.

Fly boxes can go several miles.

Every year I have to remind myself to try to avoid collecting further data on such matters.

bassakwards
01-19-2012, 08:08 AM
It is amazing I once drove around with a knife in my gutter for a week, I keep hearing a tap, tap, tap when I was driving. Aweek later when I got tired of the noise I looked up on the roof and the gutter/channel had a knife I had used the week before :-$

Sorry about the rod, wounder if your insurance(home owners) can cover it, it might unless you cheap like me and have the deductible crazy high.

Mike O
01-19-2012, 08:21 AM
Mpy GPS hit the ground at 55 MPH...and worked great!

Wallet made it from the gas station, sat overnight outside, back to the gas station for a frantic check, then back home...where God asked me to look up, and I found it.

JGB
01-19-2012, 11:29 AM
I'll check my roof one more time...

Nope, nada, nothing.

Oh well...it was a shot.

JGB

Randy B
01-19-2012, 11:39 AM
That really sucks, soory to hear.

I always catch grief about being so OCD and always checking for fallen/dropped/misplaced fishing stuff before we leave wherever we're parked. Damn, now I have to start checking to roof-top too?!

Paul B.
01-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Sorry to hear about your rod.
I always put mine on the windshield and hold it there with the wiper blade.
Yes I have sat down to drive away and looked out to see it right in front of me!

Greg F
01-24-2012, 06:14 PM
A guy left his wallet on my roof when I gave him a ride home from college. He was a busboy and had about $250 in ones and fives in it. I looked in my mirror when I heard it flutter and fly off, I have this picture in my mind of people pulling over on the freeway.

ricards
01-28-2012, 11:09 AM
You might want to post a message on Craigslist (lost and found) in several different locations.