PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Dec Hogan Classes

Terry Thomas
01-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Dec is heading back to Sacramento to teach two classes for Kiene's Fly Shop on March 17th and 18th. We are setting it up a little differently this year. Dec will teach his intro/intermediate class on Saturday. We will be heading up an advanced class on Sunday. Some of the techniques covered will be:distance casting, line management, casting in tight situations, casting heavy sink tips and flies...and more. Again, the class price is $250.00 per day. We will start at 9:00 and go until @ 3:00. Lunch and soft drinks will be provided. More information to follow.
Terry

aaron
02-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Here are all the details for the class http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=wjc868cab&v=001vd12ggE3Xa5vYwDEWfeyAbh7tb-k0vAUEsdWmOu2DfbSh7C0tamGxi3KtqXWKbacgNdF4m3y0XxA0 HxVM7JGVnajFkAY06PWK3cAs9-uMPE%3D Any questions, feel free to ask. Looks like high water shouldn't be an issue this year.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-01-2012, 08:45 AM
I took Dec's class a few years ago and it really helped me with my Spey/Skagit casting and Steelhead fishing techneques.

A class like this will take you to the next level......

Just spending time with Dec is really fun.

He is a real regular guy who just knows a ton about fly fishing for Steelhead.

aaron
02-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Spots are going fast so if you're thinking about signing up you should probably do so soon.

Terry Thomas
02-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Maury Hatch of First Hatch Guide Service has just signed on to cater the lunches for both days. If you have fished with Maury, you know what a "spread" he lays out for eats. Looks like the second day is pretty much booked. We do have openings on the first day. Please don't think the first day is a beginners only class. In the past we have advertised this class as an intermediate class with plenty of information for more advanced casters as well. If you're just starting, not a better way to spend your money. You will learn more in one day than hacking it out on the river for a year.

Terry Thomas
02-11-2012, 11:48 AM
I forgot to mention, as an added bonus, Dec will doing a spey tying demonstration to those students registered in the Saturday and Sunday classes. The class will be held at Kiene's on Saturday @ 6pm. We had one cancellation on Sunday for the advanced class. If there are two of you that want to sign up, let the guys at the shop know that I said it was o.k.
Terry

Terry Thomas
03-11-2012, 11:03 AM
We received 5 copies of Dec's book, A Passion for Steelhead, on Friday. I believe this is the last of the second edition. Not sure when the third edition will be available.

Terry Thomas
03-11-2012, 03:11 PM
I sent an email out to all of the students signed up and had two kicked back. Dick H. and Paul J., please send me an email. hatcrek@comcast.net
Thanks,
Terry