PDA

View Full Version : Yuba River Lesson, 2 openings for 19th!

Jeff Putnam
01-16-2012, 03:00 PM
There are only two spots left in this weeks Yuba River lesson (Thursday 19th) and the river is at a very wadeable level making it great to learn techniques and methods for of catching trout on this challenging but rewarding fishery. Its one of the finest trout fisheries on the west coast just, one hr north of Sac! Skwallas stones should start hatching and the fish should be looking up... dry fly fishing possibilities at its best, we'll also cover nymph and streamer/swinging presentations ,access, etc.
You can sign up through my site
http://www.jpflyfishing.com/groupcla.../yubariver.htm

This lesson sold out 2 weeks ago and a cancellation (2) just occurred.. so first to sign up takes the spot(s), I'll confirm tomorrow as I'm heading out for lessons, you can also leave a phone message at 366-7554. A steelhead report card is required along with your 2012 Fishing License. (and looking for a grabby steelie on the AM...secret spot, yeah right, although try a long leader, 12-15 feet and a med weighted #10 soft hackle-style fly with #8 ultra green maxima tippet, even sparse #8 blk leeches, good fishing if you have the patience and ability, tough conditions right now for steelhead no doubt, however, they're definitely here and willing to swim for a fly! Had Gristmill all to myself yesterday morning during a lesson as a student hooked and broke off a large winter run, first 10 casts.)

amoeba
01-17-2012, 08:36 PM
you're also showing to be hosting a series of spey clinics at the ISE this week, including on 1/19/12; so for those of us who go there on thursday, that's still on, right (I'm guessing you aren't in two places at once, - so either someone else is going to fill in for you thursday, or you are to be there personally, or the schedule is off - if the latter, please advise - some of us go to this on the first day to avoid the mob)

thx.

Jeff Putnam
01-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the interest...my business is getting large enough (shows, filming, presentations and lots of traveling) that I have hired a select group of certified F.F.F Instructors (based near a given fishery, example the Yuba River) that I have worked with for several years. These guys are the top at what they do (full time) and assist me in teaching schools. The Yuba class should give anglers an opportunity to fish drys as skwallas are starting to show, sunny days, and BWO's on cloudy days. The river is in perfect condition, flows are awesome! Please call me if you'd like a spot (or if you want to do my demos at ISE so that I can go to the Yuba). Thanks, Jeff