PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Feb. 2nd is "D" day for striped bass..

Mike McKenzie
01-12-2012, 11:16 PM
The Fish and Game Commission will hold a hearing on the DFG's proposed striped bass reg. changes on Thursday Feb. 2nd.

We have been working very hard on building a case against the proposed reg. changes along with scientific documentation to back up our position. At the meeting on Feb. 2nd, StriperFest, CSPA, CSBA and the Allied Fishing Groups would like as many fishing community members there as we can get! I have no idea why they haven't published an Agenda yet, so we don't know the start time. To be safe and I'd suggest that all who plan to attend be there by at least 8:00 AM. The address is:
Resources Building Auditorium
1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA
The Security folks there can tell you where the Auditorium is within the Building.

The Resources Building takes up the whole block between "N" and "O" streets and "8th" and "9th" streets. This is just a couple blocks S/W of the Capitol Bldg. There's public parking around with in several blocks. Google downtown Sac parking to find the lots (garages). There will be two panels of speakers, (already made up) one for and one against. I would not expect anyone else to have more than about a minute (or less)to speak. Depending on the number of people, you may just be able to give your name and urge the Commission to vote the proposal down! Politeness and quiet is expected, loud comments on what someone says are not generally tolerated. (This is only guidance for those that have never been to a hearing before!) I hope to see lots of you there! A large turn out will speak louder than words! I will update this Board if there are any changes.

Mike