PDA

View Full Version : S. Fork American

DFrink
01-12-2012, 04:51 PM
I really need to fish a stream, and was thinking about giving the SF a shot (if the weather holds for another week). Since I just moved back to that side of the hill I haven't fished it much. Any ideas on what the conditions may be like? I'm thinking above Pollock Pines, below Kyburz? This time of year drives me nuts!

Dan

neil
01-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Dunno...but I drove down Yankee Jims to the NF last weekend, and was surprised at how healthy the flows were in the NF and Shirttail Creek.

Post a report if you go...it only took 45 straight days of sunshine to get me thinking about fly fishing in January, and now I'd like to wet a line up that way.

I really need to fish a stream, and was thinking about giving the SF a shot (if the weather holds for another week). Since I just moved back to that side of the hill I haven't fished it much. Any ideas on what the conditions may be like? I'm thinking above Pollock Pines, below Kyburz? This time of year drives me nuts!

Dan

Jed Peters
01-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Man, not sure how you can not want to just go steelheading!

TaylerW
01-14-2012, 12:10 AM
nice meeting you tonight!!

let me know when you get a pass from the wife and we will go fishin

Phil Synhorst
01-14-2012, 10:49 AM
All the way over to the S. Fork from Georgetown??? Either that stretch is special for ya, you like to drive, or you like to torture yourself driving an unneccesary distance to fish.:-k

just joking with ya, dude

pm sent

Scott V
01-14-2012, 04:11 PM
If there is enough water I bet it is fishing good. I'd throw dries, but that is all I throw on the SFA.

DFrink
01-14-2012, 10:00 PM
I used to fish the NF at Yankee Jims (and Iwoa Hill) a lot when I lived in Colfax. It was always tough fishing this time of year. I'll let you know if I get to the SF soon.

Dan

Dunno...but I drove down Yankee Jims to the NF last

weekend, and was surprised at how healthy the flows were in the NF and Shirttail Creek.

Post a report if you go...it only took 45 straight days of sunshine to get me thinking about fly fishing in January, and now I'd like to wet a line up that way.

DFrink
01-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Taylor,

Same to you. I'll let you know next time I get out. Search and Rescue training next weekend, so I won't be fishing for a few weeks. I'll be back in the shop before spring.

Dan

nice meeting you tonight!!

let me know when you get a pass from the wife and we will go fishin

DFrink
01-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Phil,

I sent you a PM. Main reason for the SF is I work in Sac, thought if I took a half day I could be on the water by 130 and fish the afternoon? Now you have me thinking whole day off and do the "other stream".

Dan

All the way over to the S. Fork from Georgetown??? Either that stretch is special for ya, you like to drive, or you like to torture yourself driving an unneccesary distance to fish.:-k

just joking with ya, dude

pm sent