PDA

View Full Version : salt walter flyfishing dvds

Mort
01-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Can anyone recommend any good flyfishing dvds for saltwater fishing. Specifically tarpon, permit and bones?
What are the Chasing Silver dvds like? i would be willing to buy good condition used dvds of worthwhile videos.

sasuga2
01-12-2012, 10:51 PM
When I get out of the eastern sierra (Bishop, Ca) I love to chase tarpon and bonefish....still working on permit....

Here are a few recommendations:

For Tarpon try: Hooked on Tarpon from hookedonthefly.net---Lots of good information on fishing for Tarpon in the Keys.
Location-X also gives good information on fishing for Tarpon in Florida as well... Tarpon the movie, is also a classic about fishing for Silver Kings in the Keys.

For Bonefish try: In Search of Rising Tide by Jamie Howard; Bonefish-a fishing odyssey; Boneishing the Flats (a basic how to) by Craig Mathews; and Pirates of the Flats (includes comments and footage from Lefty Kreh, Tom Brokaw and others in the Bahamas)

Permit: Black Tailed Devils...features Justin Rea and friends chasing permit.....World Angling Saltwater fly fishing outfitters has a website with a few exciting short saltwater videos....

Have fun....better yet....get out your rods and hit the Bahamas and the Keys......its a blast!!

Cheers,

Al

sasuga2
01-17-2012, 11:40 PM
By the way the Chasing Silver and Andy's return are both great dvds on what its like to go after Tarpon in the Keys.....definitely worht purchasing .

If you want to learn more....then get Andy Mill's book A Passion for Tarpon.....

Have fun....