PDA

View Full Version : By, by Colfaxtroutman

DFrink
01-11-2012, 12:15 PM
With all the talk of the "fake names" being used I had Aaron change my name from Colfaxtroutman to DFrink. Plus it just made sense since I don't live in Colfax anymore. Thought I would put it out there in case any of you were planning on sending the Colfaxtroutman GPS coordinates for your favorite fishing holes. :cool:

Dan

Scott V
01-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Welcome to Kiene's board, don't be a tard!

We fishing this Sunday or Monday? I get to fish both days, one day I am going surf fishing the other day I am open. Let me know.

DFrink
01-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Not in the cards this weekend, got to cut wood Sunday, and take the boy to the movies on Monday. Maybe the following weekend? I'll get back to you.

P.S. I'll do my best not to be a tard, but no promises.

Dan

aaron
01-11-2012, 03:39 PM
For anyone wanting a name change I've figured it out so shoot me a pm and I can do it for you.

Scott V
01-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Not in the cards this weekend, got to cut wood Sunday, and take the boy to the movies on Monday. Maybe the following weekend? I'll get back to you.

P.S. I'll do my best not to be a tard, but no promises.

Dan

I'll be in sunny San Diego next weekend looking at bikinis walking down the beach!!!! Oh yeah, I'll be fishing too.

Larry S
01-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Scott:
if you fish Blacks, the bikinis are optional.

Aaron:
if you can figure out the "age change" thing, I'm probably interested.

Best,
Larry S

Paul B.
01-11-2012, 06:58 PM
I tried to change my name a couple of years ago but gave up. Guess I'll send Bill a note unless someone can tell me how without bugging him.

Skipped past Aaron's post. PM sent

Ben Kobrin
01-11-2012, 07:14 PM
I did it too...no more WoolyBugger. I feel so exposed.

In the immortal words of Cosmo Kramer, "I'm out there, and lovin' every minute of it!"

-Ben

Ed Wahl
01-11-2012, 07:34 PM
I think I'll change mine to Colfaxtroutman, it's finally available. Thought I was gonna have to 'off' that guy to get it. :D

Dan, Ben, welcome to the daylight. I was in favor of a move a few years ago to require real names. Still am.

If we could just get that "Tony" guy to stop fooling around and use his real name everyone else would come around.:-\"

Dan, let me know about next weekend, I've got projects going at home, dog training, fence building to contain said dog,etc., so fishing time is pretty sparse but I'd like to get out soon.

Ed

BillB
01-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Think I'll stay with BillB since my profile leaves nothing to doubt, not that anyone gives a rats pituty! Ed if you change your name to Colfaxtroutman can I change mine to Ed?

Scott V
01-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Larry, I'll be fishing San Diego bay and the surf in Newport Beach. Hopefully the weather will be like normal and bikinis will be walking around at the beach.:D

aaron
01-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Mr Kiene and I were talking about with our new found powers if it came to banning, instead we could have some fun and change your name, user title, avatar, about me, etc....:evil:

Frank Alessio
01-11-2012, 09:20 PM
I really hate to rat Tony out like this but his name is really buzilico he was part of the Spice Crime Family out of Detroit.... Oh well it feels good to finally come clean....Frank Jones

Darian
01-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Hmmm,.... Couldn't messing around with another persons profile, handle, etc., be considered identity theft :question: A Feeeeelonee (new crime description) in this state, I believe.... :---)

Aside from myself, only Ed would know about these things. :-\"

aaron
01-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Gregg said technically everything about this board is owned by Bill including all of our online identities so he can technically do whatever he wants to advance his capitalist, fisheries ruining agenda!

TaylerW
01-11-2012, 10:19 PM
little striper is no more!!! i guess its time to grow up!

Ed Wahl
01-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Way to go Tayler.
Let's fish this season.

I'm loving this trend, thanks Tony.

Now who's this guy calling himself Bill Kiene? I think he should come out also.

Hehehe.

Ed

aaron
01-11-2012, 10:34 PM
I should mention that I won't be taking requests to switch a user's name of somebody you don't like so unfortunately to the person asking me to turn a user into "buttbrains" in the interest of fairness, no can due.

Mike O
01-11-2012, 10:39 PM
And so...

Maodiver is no more on this board....I'll keep him around bcuz that name is good for not having to look for another alias anywhere else on the web, no matter how big the site.

I am now, and have been since Mama brought me forth...

Mike Owens. (Mike O was faster)
Woodland

EricO
01-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Hey Ben, (the artist formerly known as WoolieBugger)

I hope you have on your Gabardine waders!! :)

Real name is Eric Olson, but will stick with EO since it's been a nickname
I was stuck for a number of years.....god, look at all of us coming out of the
closet!!! LOL.

EO

Larry S
01-12-2012, 05:45 AM
Scott:
You probably know about http://www.fliflicker.com/
Lots of So Cal fly fishing reports found there, including SD Bay. I wade fish it
on occasion if we have a minus tide around daybreak - just south of the carriers
on North Island.
Good luck next weekend.
Best,
Larry S

jbird
01-12-2012, 06:19 AM
I think Im known as jbird by as many people as known by my full name (Jay Spencer) My whole life, where evr I go, people have ended up calling me Jbird even if theyve never heard me called that. So, Jbird it shall remain.

DFrink
01-12-2012, 07:12 AM
Ed,

I have a copywrite for Colfaxtroutman, you'll have to come up with something else. [-X

As for fishing, I'll send word next time I can head out and see if we can get together. If nothing else we must fish the Rubicon this spring, being as I live so close now.

Dan

I think I'll change mine to Colfaxtroutman, it's finally available. Thought I was gonna have to 'off' that guy to get it. :D

Dan, Ben, welcome to the daylight. I was in favor of a move a few years ago to require real names. Still am.

If we could just get that "Tony" guy to stop fooling around and use his real name everyone else would come around.:-\"

Dan, let me know about next weekend, I've got projects going at home, dog training, fence building to contain said dog,etc., so fishing time is pretty sparse but I'd like to get out soon.

Ed

Scott V
01-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Scott:
You probably know about http://www.fliflicker.com/
Lots of So Cal fly fishing reports found there, including SD Bay. I wade fish it
on occasion if we have a minus tide around daybreak - just south of the carriers
on North Island.
Good luck next weekend.
Best,
Larry S

fliflicker is the group that I am fishing with. I go down each year for their fishout.

jayclarkflyfishing
01-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Jbird has been my nickname as well since I was a wee little one. I've changed my username as well. RIP littletruckee.

Jay

I think Im known as jbird by as many people as known by my full name (Jay Spencer) My whole life, where evr I go, people have ended up calling me Jbird even if theyve never heard me called that. So, Jbird it shall remain.

El Rey
01-12-2012, 10:02 AM
I think I'll stick with El Rey. That was my nickname when I lived in South America years ago. Rey=King in Spanish. Though I don't post often, I'll now sign off with my real name.

Cheers,
Harlan King

Scott V
01-12-2012, 11:54 AM
I think I'll stick with El Rey. That was my nickname when I lived in South America years ago. Rey=King in Spanish. Though I don't post often, I'll now sign off with my real name.

Cheers,
Harlan King

I always thought you were Harlan, now I know for sure.

Ed Wahl
01-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Dan, you're on my way now. Hope you have a grill, I really do like grilled steaks after a day in the canyon.
It wouln't kill you to have a good bourbon on hand either. Would it?

:D

Ed

Larry S
01-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Can't think of too many boards where you would see a thread quite like this one.
I'm looking for the confessional.
jbird - Spencer for Hire remains one of my favorite series and great line of Parker
books. Probably not relevant here except to say I'm sipping my second Jack and
water. Looking forward to your new photos.
Fished Lake Morena today. Slower action; did get a brood stock rainbow on purple
prince #14. Looked like a Trinity steelie.
Best to all,
Larry S

DFrink
01-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Ed,

You bet. I consider grilling to be one of my best attributes. As for Bourbon, no dice. I'm a Scotch man, so if you like Scotch than you'll love my place;). I used to fish the upper Rub with spinning gear when I was younger (grew up in Georgetown). Then I moved to Colfax and got into fly fishing but only fished the lower section (via Foresthill). You show me the "ropes" in the upper area, and I'll provide dinner and libations afterwards. Now we just need spring to get here!

Dan

Dan, you're on my way now. Hope you have a grill, I really do like grilled steaks after a day in the canyon.
It wouln't kill you to have a good bourbon on hand either. Would it?

:D

Ed