PDA

View Full Version : California Fishing License

Robert_17
01-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Just bought my new License and for a change I read some of the printed matter on the License and surprise I found that the new License commences on February 2, 2012 and ends on December 31, 2012 and apparently that is the rule for all fishing licenes in the state any thoughts why they have a one month gap in the fishing season.

Bob

Darian
01-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Seems to me that the state has figured out that guys will fish during January, anyway, and that allows DFG to cite everyone for fishing without a license. Thereby, solving their budget problems.... :-k You just can't trust them state employees.... :-\"

Actually, I didn't even know that fact but I find it hard to believe that it's not a mistake of some sort.... :confused:

DFrink
01-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Hey, I'm a state employee... and some have said I'm trustworthy . Glad this was posted, I could have been sited last weekend. Any more information on this? I need to look at my license!

Dan

Seems to me that the state has figured out that guys will fish during January, anyway, and that allows DFG to cite everyone for fishing without a license. Thereby, solving their budget problems.... :-k You just can't trust them state employees.... :-\"

Actually, I didn't even know that fact but I find it hard to believe that it's not a mistake of some sort.... :confused:

amoeba
01-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Q: How long is an annual sport fishing license valid?
A: Licenses are valid for a calendar year (January 1 through December 31) or for the remainder of the calendar year if purchased after January 1.

huntindog
01-11-2012, 01:23 PM
mine says 1/1/12-12/31/2012

Fly Guy Dave
01-11-2012, 05:11 PM
mine says 1/1/12-12/31/2012

So does mine. I wonder what gives?

I think the regulations in the DFG booklet spill over from one year and into the next, but it doesn't make sense that a license would do that.

Hey Bob, mebbe they's settin' you up for a "special visit" from Sgt. Diaz! :wink:

--FG Dave

catch&release
01-11-2012, 07:28 PM

You have the exactly right! The gamewardens that you dont see for 11 months out of the year and are looking for to take care of some of these people fishing illegal only show up the 1st week of January and they are thick!

Wish they were around like that all year round!

BillB
01-11-2012, 08:43 PM
I've looked all over the thing and the only dates on mine say valid from 1/1/2012 through 12/31/2012. Is that on a punch card or enhancement?

Frank Alessio
01-11-2012, 09:00 PM
I have a Lifetime License so I will probably not need it after it Expires....

BillB
01-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Frank, you mean that's non-transferable?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-12-2012, 10:20 AM
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/fishing/fishdescrip.html

Just reading this info and see that a Lifetime fishing license for over 62 years is $490

If you have a child or grandchild under 10 you can buy them a lifetime license for $490 too.

Frank Alessio
01-12-2012, 10:45 AM
I bought a life time Hunting and Fishing for $845.00 and they made me show my ID to prove I was over 62... What a compliment... and it will remain active when I move out of California... They say you can not come back and buy a Deer tag but I do not think I would need to do that anyway...Montana has Deer i am told....

Ben Kobrin
01-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Montana has Deer i am told....

Yes...yes they do...

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/lazychuck1/Misc/photo27.jpg

Make sure you have good insurance if you drive through Montana. This September I hit a deer just outside of Dillon while doing about 60mph and I was lucky that there was absolutely no structural or mechanical damage at all...just cosmetic. Still, about $6,000 later (thank you State Farm) I'm better prepared for my next encounter:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/lazychuck1/Misc/c9308698.jpg

huntindog
01-12-2012, 11:18 AM
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/fishing/fishdescrip.html

Just reading this info and see that a Lifetime fishing license for over 62 years is $490

If you have a child or grandchild under 10 you can buy them a lifetime license for $490 too.

both of my kids have lifetime hunting and fishing licenses...seemed like a great investment.

rtb215
01-12-2012, 11:58 AM
I also have a life time license and did ask a game warden at the ISE show last year, that if I did not produce the current years license and had a license from the previous year, would I be cited. His response was no unless he had reason to believe that I was doing something questionable.

Frank Alessio
01-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Ben.. sorry you had to go thru all that but your Truck looks great with that new Bumper...Frank

Mike O
01-12-2012, 08:16 PM
I bought a life time Hunting and Fishing for $845.00 and they made me show my ID to prove I was over 62... What a compliment... and it will remain active when I move out of California... They say you can not come back and buy a Deer tag but I do not think I would need to do that anyway...Montana has Deer i am told....

If you had bought the upland game, big game, and extra fishing priviledges you would have gotten the deer tag app too.

Wish i could afford them for my kid....he turns 10 in March. C'est la vie.

Frank Alessio
01-12-2012, 08:25 PM
I know but they stipulated that if you hunt Deer in Montana it would require a non-resident fee to come back to California to hunt Deer and Pigs... You can do it but they want more money to do it....

NCL
01-13-2012, 08:30 AM
I also have a life time license and did ask a game warden at the ISE show last year, that if I did not produce the current years license and had a license from the previous year, would I be cited. His response was no unless he had reason to believe that I was doing something questionable.

Just curious, do you get a document or yearly license from DFG when you purchase a lifetime license?

huntindog
01-13-2012, 09:15 AM
Just curious, do you get a document or yearly license from DFG when you purchase a lifetime license?

yes...you get a license sent to you every year...

Mike O
01-13-2012, 09:23 PM
yes...you get a license sent to you every year...

Not anymore under the ALDS. Now you gotta go in and get it printed...at least I hadda do that with my lifetime hunting

Frank Alessio
01-13-2012, 09:33 PM
You can do it on line and they mail it to you....

oldtrout
01-13-2012, 09:52 PM
You can do it on line and they mail it to you....

That is correct. I did that very thing today.

rtb215
01-14-2012, 12:19 AM
NCL:

Yes they do, on or about 1 December of each year you will receive a letter from DFG with a code. Go to the DFG site as if you were going to purchase a new license: fill out the info, ie name etc and enter the code no, hit purchase and a total of $0 comes up and within a week your license shows up in the mail. It actually is that easy.

NCL
01-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Thanks, I am thinking of doing this next year, I already bought a license for this year.