PDA

View Full Version : Family trip to Marathon any advice?

TahoeChris
01-09-2012, 06:43 PM
So I will be in the Keys for a week at the end of the month. I'll have access to a boat one or two days maybe more. I have no idea where to even start any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Contact Florida Keys Outfitters in Islamorada, Florida:

http://www.floridakeysoutfitters.com/

Hope you get warm weather for some good fishing.

mtd885
01-16-2012, 03:01 PM
So I will be in the Keys for a week at the end of the month. I'll have access to a boat one or two days maybe more. I have no idea where to even start any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

What kind of fishing?
Back Country or Oceanside? What's the draft of your boat? If you have not done any boating in that area before be extremely careful to stay off the flats. There are heavy fines for scarring the flats and there are several LEO's on that water at all times.

TahoeChris
01-27-2012, 03:11 AM
At the airport about to return home. Did some wade fishing and caught baby cuda's that's a blast. I did get a chance to go out with my buddy that works for Saltwater Experience we beat up on jacks and Spanish mackerels on the popper until I couldn't cast any more. Amazing trip awesome weather. I'm posting this from my phone I'll post pics when I get home.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-27-2012, 08:43 AM
We are heading to Sebastian, Floridafor 6 weeks of relaxing very soon.

It is a fantastic state for all kinds of fishing.

Most of the state is water with lakes, streams, rivers, estuaries and creeks everywhere.

Lots of coastal saltwater fishing to for lots of species of fish.

Little homes back there are $50,000 -$100,000 now.

Great place for a second home, especially if you live where it snows.