PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Neuburger's album tells a story

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-08-2012, 06:32 PM
From mid-August to mid-November - fish caught in the Delta.

http://www.deltastripers.com/photoframe.htm

Delta guide and old friend, Jerry Neuburger's web site:

http://www.deltastripers.com

JerryInLodi
01-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Bill, first of all, thanks for this opportunity. Fall 2011 was a tough year. My first time out in August I stuck a 12 pounder along with a good number of other fish and thought, "Wow, I can't wait for the fish to move in." My first client, David Lee, boated over 40 fish including one in the attached photo page. However, instead of increasing, the numbers kept falling off. And what was really dissappointing was the number of bigger fish.

As the fall season came to an end, it appeared that some larger fish had finally moved into the delta but water temperatures have dropped to the mid 40's. I've got a gut feeling that spring will produce a much better fishery than the fall but only time will tell.

Some rain and increased flow would help. And hopefully the Fish and Game Commission will show some common sense and turn down DFG's recommendations to increase the take on stripers, especially now when the entire fishery is at a low.

In any case, I hope all of Bill's supporters have a great 2012, whether on the delta, the Sierras or on some of the exotic trips that Bill offers.

Fish on!

Jerry

Katz
01-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Jerry, do you still do your trip to Mexico? I think it was you that would always post from down there. Loved those...

K

JerryInLodi
01-12-2012, 03:42 PM
The last time I went down was 2010. We stayed for 23 days and out of that time we had one good day of fishing with well over 40 dorado boated. The rest of the time down there was tough fishing.
Last summer we took a trek across the U.S. pulling a small 16 foot travel trailer. We reached the Atlantic coast at Savannah and then traveled north to Gettysburg and WDC, hitting every civil war battlefield along the way. While we had planned to do some fishing, we just didn't have time!
This coming summer we're heading to Montana and then up into Canada to Calgary, west from Calgary and then back down the coast from Vancouver. This WILL be a fishing trip and we'll probably be gone for about six weeks.
Next year my granddaughter graduates from a college in Boston so it will be another trip across the country so the earliest we'll go back to Mexico will be about 2014. Maybe the fishing will improve and the drug problem decrease in that time.