PDA

View Full Version : Trinity River has been good for some.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Here is an email with some photos that I just received from a guide buddy, Andrew Harris.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Bill,
Here are some photos from this past week on the Trinity. The fishing has been outstanding. We have the perfect combination of lots of fish, great weather and no crowds. The weather and crowds may change, but there are so many fish in the river that fishing should remain excellent well into February. We've been hooking 10+ steelhead every day the past two weeks. Fishing like this can really spoil you for steelheading!
-Andrew Harris
Confluence Outfitters

www.confluenceoutfitters.com

Bruce Berman
01-08-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm on the T now, and probably leaving. The cold has gotten to me. It doesn't help that I'm car camping. Got here Friday night, and with one hour to fish, hooked 3 and landed 2. I was jazzed! Yesterday, I stayed at that spot from o'dark thirty until dark, just knowing that any minute the bite would start. Normally, I'd move a bit more if the hook-ups didn't materialize, but I was sold on that spot from my Friday experience. The water temps started at 41 degrees and ended the day at 43.5. The water was gin clear. The sun came out at 12:15 and I got warm for the first time that day. My feet never got that message. Landed one fish mid afternoon. Anticipated the evening turn-on, but it never came. Saw 4 boats. Two fished above me; one got nada and one hooked 3 on golden stones and #14 psycho princes in purple and orange. Came here from the Mad which was a zoo. I've been fishing in NorCal since 2002, and hit the Mad every year. I've never seen so many fishermen. Fishing from 3/4 mile above the hatchery to 3.5 miles below it, I'd estimate I saw about 70 fisherman. Every hole, every good run, was being fished. Saw lots of fish lined.

shawn kempkes
01-08-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm on the T now, and probably leaving. The cold has gotten to me. It doesn't help that I'm car camping. Got here Friday night, and with one hour to fish, hooked 3 and landed 2. I was jazzed! Yesterday, I stayed at that spot from o'dark thirty until dark, just knowing that any minute the bite would start. Normally, I'd move a bit more if the hook-ups didn't materialize, but I was sold on that spot from my Friday experience. The water temps started at 41 degrees and ended the day at 43.5. The water was gin clear. The sun came out at 12:15 and I got warm for the first time that day. My feet never got that message. Landed one fish mid afternoon. Anticipated the evening turn-on, but it never came. Saw 4 boats. Two fished above me; one got nada and one hooked 3 on golden stones and #14 psycho princes in purple and orange. Came here from the Mad which was a zoo. I've been fishing in NorCal since 2002, and hit the Mad every year. I've never seen so many fishermen. Fishing from 3/4 mile above the hatchery to 3.5 miles below it, I'd estimate I saw about 70 fisherman. Every hole, every good run, was being fished. Saw lots of fish lined.

Bruce some people need to feed their families. LOL When I lived in CA I went to the Mad once after about twenty minutes I packed up all my crap and left and never went back. I loved watching those idiots beeding and watching the game warden writing tickets.
You haven't seen nothing until you go to ORYGUN they follow the truck from the hatchery
to where they re-run the fish down stream.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/fishhawk1/003.jpg

jbird
01-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Bruce some people need to feed their families. LOL When I lived in CA I went to the Mad once after about twenty minutes I packed up all my crap and left and never went back. I loved watching those idiots beeding and watching the game warden writing tickets.
You haven't seen nothing until you go to ORYGUN they follow the truck from the hatchery
to where they re-run the fish down stream.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/fishhawk1/003.jpg

But thats exactly why they re-run them. Not to be C&R'd by flyfishermen

shawn kempkes
01-08-2012, 01:33 PM
But thats exactly why they re-run them. Not to be C&R'd by flyfishermen

I agree all hatchery fish must die a painful death. LOL But those guys know how to snag fish like a pro.