PDA

View Full Version : am i ok

donkeyhunter007
01-08-2012, 01:00 AM
im getting ready for bed and was just wondering.... im not the only one who sleeps with their spey rods am I?.............i mean thats not weird right..... i mean there in tubes it not like all the sections are loose..........I keep all my single handers under the bed....... But

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-08-2012, 09:45 AM
I think that you are doing the right thing............

Sometime when we are chatting around the campfire we think it is sad that some people don't fly fish.............

Rick J
01-08-2012, 10:44 AM
I think it best if you sleep with only one spey rod at a time but then you must make sure to at least talk to the others before tucking them in!

Darian
01-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Do you ever wake up holding your........ Ohh,... Nevermind.... :-\"

Mark Kranhold
01-08-2012, 11:35 AM
You know whats to be said about a guy that has a 2 handed rod:eek:

Blueracer
01-08-2012, 12:19 PM
fyshhead knows what the truth is.

Real men use two hands. Always have your steelhead SPEYED.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-FZq8ZqJ6Upo/TwnrTCRgjyI/AAAAAAAAByg/rqXrRrlkzS4/s400/bumbersticker.JPG

Yard Sale
01-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Okay, I want one of those stickers! That is awesome!

Larry S
01-09-2012, 07:23 PM
YardSale:
http://www.speypages.com/speyclave/showthread.php?t=24400

Scan thru the entire thread - you want to contact "Terry." re. the stickers.
You may have to register on spey pages to post.
Best,
Larry S

Ben J
01-09-2012, 07:54 PM
I got hammered at the bar one night and went home with a single hander... The next morning was the worst walk of shame ever!](*,)

Jeff Putnam
01-14-2012, 03:59 AM
Hel-lo, just sleeping...woke up, pushed the stack of rods off me, careful not to wake em, and thought I heard some one say spey?
Actually doing emails, still... (Yes if your reading this now, hope not, I'll still be there, "Steve" my first lesson, see u at 7am, I'll bring the coffee).

Two hands or no hands!

(except for spring creek dry fly trout, saltwater flats, large mouth bass and small creeks which are also fun in their own way) but there is something extremely addictive about being knee deep in the early morning in cold, misty covered, greenish off colored water swinging for the rare, grabby bright steelhead.... and then to feel the jolt in your arm and through your sole as it yanks the rod almost from your hands and interrupts the quite morning silence with the scream of a quickly spinning fly reel and splashing water. Combined with the aerial visuals and feeling of no control to what's on the other end, time stops and its awesome when its just you, the fish and everything and nothing around!
That's why I spend so much time fishing for them sea runs. (fortunately I can tell the wife its work, lately its been on camera but I have been doing tons of "r&d" for filming since Aug.) wait a minute.... I guess that's what an addict does.... finds excuses.....uh oh.

next rain, coastal rivers when clear and open, will be on fire! this is the year!
Chrome in the redwoods... we are lucky its so close to Sac. More R&D honey!

Big E
01-14-2012, 10:32 AM
I got hammered at the bar one night and went home with a single hander... The next morning was the worst walk of shame ever!](*,)

could have been worse...you could have went home with a switch.

:p

Mark Kranhold
01-14-2012, 02:53 PM
The question is..... When you hold your rod ,do you like it to feel fat or skinny?:D