PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Guides?

Clark
01-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Anybody have guide recommendations for Pyramid Lake?

I am thinking about doing my first Pyramid trip and am looking for someone to show me the ropes.

I checked Bill's list of recommended guides, but nothing for Pyramid.

Any insight would be appreciated. Feel free to PM.

Thanks

Clark

DFrink
01-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Not sure if he works that lake, but try Bigfly (on this site). He seems like a pretty good dude who wouldn't steer you wrong.

Dan

Morgan
01-04-2012, 06:01 PM
THere is another guy on here...username is bulldog. havent seen him on here much lately but he guides pyramid. Let us know if you have any luck. ITs an amazing fishery but has been a shitty season out there so far :(

amoeba
01-04-2012, 06:20 PM
There is a dude from the former reno flyshop:

Who I believe still guides and even does some small group sessions for 1/2 days or more in that area. Ladders provided. Probably more reasonable cost than a private day; I'm thinking it was around $100 or so.

He has given presentations on Pyramid most years at the pleasanton show. Last I heard he was working up a website to continue the guiding operation and update lake temperatures and so forth, but I never found it.

Anyone know more specifics?

Darian
01-04-2012, 06:25 PM
I believe Dan Le Counte (spelling :?: ) is a member here and was involved with the Reno Fly Shop. Now with Andy Burk in a shop in Truckee. Don't know if he guides or not but he's sure to have something to add. If he doesn't post, try a PM.... :D

Reno Flytyer
01-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Bulldog's name is Rob Anderson. You can reach him at 775/742-1754
You'll like him!
RFT

Bull_Dog
01-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Clark,

My name is Rob Anderson. I have had a guide license at Pyramid for 10 years. If you wan tot go to the lake I would love to take you and your party. Some of the names mentioned in this string are great friends of mine but do not guide Pyramid. I.E. Dan LeCount, Andy Burk. There are some guys doing under the table that may charge less but do not have the proper credentials from the tribe.

Anyway when did you wan to go? The fishong has been tough so far. We have been taking anglers other places like the Truckee. I do Presentations all over the west and do everything from 1/2 day trips to 20+ person outings.

Give me a call and I can help you set something up.

Rob Anderson
rob_renoflyshop@sbcglobal.net

Bull_Dog
01-04-2012, 07:22 PM
There is a dude from the former reno flyshop:

Who I believe still guides and even does some small group sessions for 1/2 days or more in that area. Ladders provided. Probably more reasonable cost than a private day; I'm thinking it was around $100 or so.

He has given presentations on Pyramid most years at the pleasanton show. Last I heard he was working up a website to continue the guiding operation and update lake temperatures and so forth, but I never found it.

Anyone know more specifics?

With any luck the website will be finished in a couple of weeks. pyramidlakeflyfishing.com

I am doing shows again this year at Pleasanton and L.A.

Rob

Clark
01-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks for all of the replies folks. Very helpful.

Rob, thanks for the intro. I was thinking of going sometime in Feruary or March, or whenever the fishing picks up. I'll shoot you an email and discuss specifics.

Thanks again.

Clark

ARichcrook
01-05-2012, 04:59 PM
New Berlin, Wis. – May 10, 2010 – It’s a fish story about the one that didn’t get away, and you can see it this week on Trout Unlimited: On the Rise, airing exclusively on Sportsman Channel. During filming of the episode earlier this year on Nevada’s Pyramid Lake, guest fly fisherman Rob Anderson of the Reno Fly Shop landed a probable world-record cutthroat trout. Fishing alongside On the Rise host Frank Smethurst, Anderson, using 12-pound test tippet, netted a Lahontan cutthroat that measured 11 pounds, 8 ounces on a handheld scale—almost a half-pound heavier than the current fly-caught, 12-pound class record of 11 pounds, 1 ounce. That fish was landed by Marvin Green on Pyramid Lake two years ago.

Great episode if you get a chance to see it. :)