PDA

View Full Version : Sly Park?

DFrink
01-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Anyone visited it lately? I am thinking about taking the tube up on Sunday. I have never fished Sly Park from a tube, but done pretty good bank fishing around this time or year over several different trips a few years back. Thinking about working the channel on the south side of the island (that's were I did the best in the past)?

Dan

DFrink
01-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Fished Sunday. Froze my toes in that water, forgot my thermometer but needles to say it was cold. I got one grab early, then nothing for a few hours until I hooked into something that felt big. I'm fighting this fish and it keeps running straight down, then I see it roll about 15' from my tube and I see some gold. Big Brown? Now I'm excited. Turns out I land a 17" LMB. First time I was ever dissapointed to catch a nice bass (not really, but I was hoping for that brown). I'll post a pic tonight. Who would have thought, LMB's in January?

Dan

Bryan Morgan
01-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Dan, that lake has some really great Smallmouth fishing in it also. Did very well around the Chimney Rock area a couple years ago.

DFrink
01-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Wow, it must have been cold. I could have sworn it was a Large Mouth, but pictures don't lie. Here is the SMALLIE I caught Sunday:

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/4945/0108120945.jpg
By colfaxtroutman (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/colfaxtroutman) at 2012-01-09

Ed Wahl
01-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Pretty smallie Dan. What'ja catch it on? How deep?

Ed

DFrink
01-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Ed, this one came on an olive wiggle tail. It wasn't very deep, I was using an I line so maybe 5' at most (it was towards the end of my retrieve). I tried the Type 4 for a while, but it got no attention. Sure was suprised to catch this guy in that cold water, thought bass were pretty dormant in the winter?

Dan

Scott V
01-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Nice smallie!!! Bass are caught all year long. Fish gotta eat. A lot of big bass are caught during the winter, you just usually have to drag the bottom to get them.

Looks like I should have fished with you on Sunday, I stayed home and did a bunch of reloading instead. but I did get a lot of cleaning in the garage done.

novofish
01-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Nice smallie!
Been meaning to get over to that water, my buddy just pulled a 34" mac out of there.

Hatch
01-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Hey Kayak dude, Novo
Check your emails
I have been trying to get in touch with you
HATCH