PDA

View Full Version : Simms G-3s Waders

Wooly Bugger
12-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Any body have the Simms G-3s? If so, what do you think?

Wooly Bugger Fly Co.
www.woolybuggerflyco.com

Then Jesus said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men." (Mark 1:17)

jayclarkflyfishing
12-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Love em! Super comfy and the feet fit right.

Jay

BillB
12-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Ditto Littletruckee. Great fit! I have trouble finding waders that fit my body large and the feet that match, 12. Simms took care of that. My only complaint, and it is not a deal breaker, is they are a little stiff and fairly thick, but then, maybe that's what makes them so tough!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-28-2011, 09:32 PM
This is a very popular wader for serious fly fishers and guides.

They are made with a very high level of Gore-Tex breathable laminant.

They come in more size combinations than the low end waders do.

Some low end come in Small, Medium, Large and Xlarge. = 4 sizes

G3 waders come in 21 size combinations so they can fit people better.

Small
Small King

Meduim Short
Medium
Medium Long
Medium King
Medium King Short

Large Short
Large 9-11 foot
Large 12-13 foot
Large King
Large King Short
Lange Long 9-11 foot
Large Long 12-13 foot

Xlarge Short
Xlarge
Xlarge Long
Xlarge King

XXlarge Short
XXlarge
XXlarge King

Plus you can have different neoprene foot sizes put on the waders for $50.

flyfshrmn
01-03-2012, 12:18 PM
I have the G3s and love them. they are durable, comfortable, and when combined with the correct inner wear, warm in cold water. They come with an integral belt loop for a wading belt, and a great set of inner and outer pockets. In summer, I wear them with a lightweight set of polypro underwear and they are good in water temps in the 40s. In colder water and colder weather, I add a pair of fleece wading pants and have had no problem staying warm in water temps in the high 30s and low forties. You do need heavier wool socks in very low water temps and I have one pair of wading shoes a half size larger to accommodate the heavier socks. I've had mine since 2005 and have sent them back to Simms twice ($75) to have them checked and have tiny pinhole leaks (probably caused by star thistle thorns) repaired, when I couldn't locate the leak. On both occasions Simms replaced the feet at no extra charge, even though I had noticed nothing wrong with them. I use them a lot, easily 75 to a hundred days a year most years. I bought them because of my earlier experience with the very first set of Simms goretex waders. Simms customer service has been outstanding. I have tried a couple of other wader brands, less expensive, and been very unhappy with the results. Simms got it right with these waders and they understand customer service. And Bill does a great job as a dealer.