PDA

View Full Version : WTB Grant King Flies

jim p
12-26-2011, 06:41 PM
I am looking for flies tied by Grant King. The flies need to be unused and have a very high degree of certainty that they are authentic. Please pm me or send email to ls6chevelle2 at msn.com if have some you would be willing to sell.

Thank you

Charlie S
12-29-2011, 08:14 AM
I have originals (never fished) by Grant King, Joe Brooks(tied a complete Blonde series for me when in South America), and several other tiers. I can't believe that you would think anyone with treasures like these would part with them for any amount of money.

Darian
12-29-2011, 08:59 AM
I have some of them (Boss/Comet patterns) from the mid-sixties that were fished in the Smith River. Not much use for your purposes but caught some nice Salmon and Steelhead in that period. I bought them before I became a collector. :D

Not sure I know where I stored 'em.... :-k

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-29-2011, 09:16 AM
We use to sell Ed Haas classic Steelhead flies from Fork of the Salmon River, CA back in the 1970s.

We got them from Dave & Andy at Creative Sports in Walnut Creek, CA. They were buying all his flies at the time.

They were unweighted on a special hook he had made with a down looped eye I beleive.

They were too nice to fish......

jim p
12-29-2011, 09:14 PM
I can't believe that you would think anyone with treasures like these would part with them for any amount of money.

Share the sentiment 100%. Pretty stupid request I know. I have some flies that I don’t think I could ever part with. Of course the tyers would think I’m a fool for not fishing them.

Let me explain, I have something in the works that was born out of I swap I hosted here a couple of years ago. Justin Coupe of Rivers of a Lost Coast was gracious enough to provide some images from the movie to use in a couple of displays, one for Mr. Kiene and the other too raffle/auction off; the proceeds of which are to go to the Wild Steelhead Coalition. Below is the image that will be used in the raffle display.
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/4458/flyfishinglostcoastpict.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/flyfishinglostcoastpict.jpg/)
Given the subject of Schaadt’s drawing I thought what better flies to accompany the image than some of Grant King’s flies. Don’t have any in my personal collection so I thought I’d see if someone would part with a few. Had to give it a try. If getting originals doesn’t pan out, I’ll try to commission some reproductions from a tyer that would bring value to the display.

Hey Darian: Long time in coming but it looks like I'll get this sucker done by spring. :thumbsup:

Bill: I happen to have some Ed Haas flies in my collection. Never seen water and never will, irreplaceable.:D

Jim