PDA

View Full Version : Big Brown trout on the Truckee River

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-19-2011, 04:16 PM
http://vimeo.com/31796807

chainsaw510
12-19-2011, 05:08 PM
it's probably best to leave spawning fish alone=D>.just a random day fishing right?:confused:this fishing guide has 2 camera men set up for the self hype promotion and a giant net for the monster BROWN, obviously they had been molesting this fish for who knows how long.i really love the way the guide tackled the fish and handles him like a true pro.hopefully the beautiful Brown had dropped it's roe before the circus showed up. I don't advocate this kind of fishing or the way this guide handled the fish .targeting spawning fish....not much of a sport,and allowing the video go online.wow.that is a nice BROWN but.....................I wish this guide luck,but this video makes my stomach turn:puke::puke::puke::puke: ps. checkout that bad boy below i attached.he took that tiny mayfly.

bigfly
12-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Bill, wanted to mention that fish was caught on the LT.
Easy there, chainsaw.
Matt was genuinely shocked at the size.
I'm sure a couple folks had hooked it and lost out. Knowing that, can make you a bit nervous...
I gotta say, it's hard for a guide to avoid thinking along these lines.
You guys all want to know we can do it, and by inference, you can too.
Matt didn't post it here, and it happened a while ago.
I often carry a Go Pro in case, and his big net is pretty standard. You just never know up here.

Oh, and that Brown's still out there getting bigger.

How about we all put the cameras down, discontect youtube, and go back to lying, eh?

Jim

epzamora
12-20-2011, 01:52 AM
beautiful!

eric
fresno, ca.

Sammy
12-20-2011, 09:01 AM
I've seen this video and that is an awesome fish. Can't help but wonder if this was good practice. Fly hits the water with a decent set of splashes so I don't know about a "tiny may fly"

Seems to me based on the season, type of water, etc... that this was a spawning fish.

I dunno, fish seems fine and I'm guessing that beast will get a few more years of making babies in. As a guide I hope he teaches his clients how to spot the spawning fish and that they should be left alone.

bigfly
12-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Sammy, I agree. Guides are supposed to be caretakers/teachers.
Brown's move up into tribs a while before they actually spawn.
They will linger. I'm sure they are in the mood...
Fall allows a small window to target larger fish (Trophy time) before they actually spawn.
But they don't run on calender time, every year is different, so it ends up being a judgement call we each have to make.

aaron
12-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Anyone know why the water is so low?

Frank R. Pisciotta
12-20-2011, 02:06 PM
I received numerous calls and e-mails, from clients as far away as Chicago and Miami, about the beautiful Brown that Matt caught. He didn't mention where it was caught and merely mentioned the Tahoe area.

For sure, Matt's video went viral nationally...we local guides/instructors all have different ways as to how to market our services. Personally I like to stay relativey low-key...having netted Browns up to 28" on the LT (on video) and decided to keep things quiet.

Those who are familiar with the Truckee area were aware of the approximate location. I believe it was caught (tackled?) during extremely low-flows on the LT per request of the DF & G. There was four (4) days of electro-shocking there, October 30-November 3. I helped on the first day and then went to the Trinity.The day I helped we measured one buck at 29" and a few in the 23"-25" range. I'm hoping that Matt helped at least one day also.

During the low-flows some of us did not fish the LT because the trout, most especially the migrating and spawning Browns were very vulnerable...and we preferred not to harass them.

Frank R. Pisciotta

Mark Kranhold
12-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Spot fishinin spawner's [-X[-X[-X[-X. Especially a egg layer like that!!

Ben J
12-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Agreed that there is something kinda gross about this video... from the time of year, to the low flows, to the desperate dive to net the fish in inches of water in a tiny stream... wasn't there personally of course, but it just doesn't look good in terms of fly fishing ethics. I hope I'm wrong. It is a beautiful fish...

Sammy
12-23-2011, 02:18 AM
Have to imagine there aren't many other trout in the vicinity of that one

Tracy Chimenti
12-23-2011, 12:38 PM
I don't have a grudge against this guy, and he's not the only one that fishes for spawners in this stream. There's a cadre of poachers and gear guys that get after them as well.

But a possible outcome could be a fish that's too stressed to spawn, or simply dumps the eggs and returns to the lake, or abosorbs them. The fish obviously has the desireable genes.

I've bonked some browns in my life. Once I became proficient, however, I realized that a handful of guys like me that are after them constantly, could alter the resource. So I don't harrass spawners.

We've got to realize that we will be left with what we make. Right now we're fighting to keep the striper fishery. If exports increase, it could mean an end to sport salmon and steelhead fishing as a bureaucratic means of sustaining the runs. The exotic issues like invasive snails, carp, mitten crabs-- and the pike, which nearly decimated one of the most productive trout lakes in the western hemisphere (Davis), are competing with us. We need to carefully consider our ethics when we go out to recreate.

I suggest closing the lake tribs to fishing after October 15th.

BigOkieWhiteBoy916
12-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Knowing Matt personally I know he wasn't out targeting spawners. He has better fishing ethics then a lot of people I have fished with.

The sectoin of the river he caught that fish in doesn't traditionally support redds.

As far as the video. Matt didn't post it on any of the boards. He wasn't going to show anyone in the first place. He uploaded it to Vimeo so his friends could watch. Next thing he knows Moldy Chum got a hold of the link and it went viral from there.

Reno Flytyer
12-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Matt's a friend of mine as well. I like him. I like his approach to our sport. I had a feeling when Bill posted this that it'd bring out a lot of know it alls who haven't had a similar experience as well as others who just couldn't hold their criticism back. It doesn't always go the way we'd like, and sometimes we might do things that others, from the sidelines might find as an opening for Monday morning quarterbacking. I thought it was a scream when he took the plunge, and I'm happy for him. No issues here. Nice fish Matt!
RFT

Rossflyguy
12-23-2011, 04:25 PM
I agree with Renoflytyer. Let the haters hate. Don't get me wrong. I don't agree with people who fish actively spawning fish on redds BUT no one should stop fishing because it spawning season. Fish are in different stages of the spawn....pre-spawn, spawn, and post-spawn. What about steelhead. Is everyone going to stop fishing for them because they are in spawn mode, unlikely. NICE FISH!! Wish I had that experience.

Sammy
12-23-2011, 05:21 PM
That's cool that you guys can vouch for Matt. I'm sure he's a solid dude, and like I said it's a great fish! I don't know that river well at all and couldn't tell you what areas hold more redds. I don't think questioning the video makes anybody a hater however. We questioned, you guys answered, there you have it.

Speaking of big fish, go sharks!

DFrink
12-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Glad some friends of his came to the rescue. I saw who guy caught a very nice trout and took a spill trying to land it. It's happened to me (the spill part :D). Always love to see all of the critics come out whenever someone catches a nice fish. Probably my least favorite part of fly fishing.

Merry Christmas!

Dan

Mark Kranhold
12-23-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm not hatin, but a fish in skinney/shallow water like that would of left the planet with somebody that close and casting to it. So it's kind of obvious it was claming it's ground (redd). Just my perspective of the video.

chainsaw510
12-23-2011, 10:07 PM
haters?i guess so.I don't know the guide.don't want to know a guide that targets spawners.thank you to people that say on this forum he is solid.great i'm sure he is.i guess he just cant resist looking like hero .fish what you want,and when you want, but please don't make a production promoting catching spawning fish.use some discretion and maybe edit the marginal stuff to avoid the insults and questions.fishing a stream all times of the yr. no problem.but molesting a beauty like that with multiple cameras rolling?. to capture the money shot....come-on.where do you draw the line. .after hooking the fish the guide states, "he was bigger than i thought".what?he knew the fish was there?sporting!too many coincidences for me man.pre mediated glory.best thing is.... the said creek has been exposed for all man to enjoy.can't wait for next year..i am gonna line that said creek 50 deep shoulder to shoulder in november when browns spawn like it was the Kenai river with enthusiast's looking to catch a random brown in skinny water. targeting spawners is now cool right.half you guys replying thinks it's alright? right.fishing for spawners in one foot of water is shameful at best,and in no way should any steward of the streams or professional promote this behavior.i am sure the guide is a nice guy,but i wonder what his motives were fishing in ankle deep water with cameras rollin during the spawn. i am just stunned by what some people find acceptable.again nice fish.just wish i hadn't seen the show..... happy holidays everybody.

BigOkieWhiteBoy916
12-24-2011, 11:21 AM
haters?i guess so.I don't know the guide.don't want to know a guide that targets spawners.thank you to people that say on this forum he is solid.great i'm sure he is.i guess he just cant resist looking like hero .fish what you want,and when you want, but please don't make a production promoting catching spawning fish.use some discretion and maybe edit the marginal stuff to avoid the insults and questions.fishing a stream all times of the yr. no problem.but molesting a beauty like that with multiple cameras rolling?. to capture the money shot....come-on.where do you draw the line. .after hooking the fish the guide states, "he was bigger than i thought".what?he knew the fish was there?sporting!too many coincidences for me man.pre mediated glory.best thing is.... the said creek has been exposed for all man to enjoy.can't wait for next year..i am gonna line that said creek 50 deep shoulder to shoulder in november when browns spawn like it was the Kenai river with enthusiast's looking to catch a random brown in skinny water. targeting spawners is now cool right.half you guys replying thinks it's alright? right.fishing for spawners in one foot of water is shameful at best,and in no way should any steward of the streams or professional promote this behavior.i am sure the guide is a nice guy,but i wonder what his motives were fishing in ankle deep water with cameras rollin during the spawn. i am just stunned by what some people find acceptable.again nice fish.just wish i hadn't seen the show..... happy holidays everybody.

You really didn't read anything I said. That's cool. You're entitled to your view. Knowing the LT (which is obvious you don't) there are no redds anywhere close to where that fish was caught.

Once again Matt didn't blow up this video. It was Moldy Chum, so if you want to blame someone for the "increased pressure" or "promoting the river" blame them.

You assume there were two camera men. How do you know? Were you there? Because there wasn't.

You can assume and bash him all you want. He is probably more pissed then you are that this video got the attention it did.

My suggestion to you Mr. Chainsaw is to get a hold of Matt and talk to him privately about your feelings instead of hiding behind your keyboard and bashing him on a public forum.

Here is his website which has his contact info.

http://mattheronflyfishing.com/

chainsaw510
12-24-2011, 01:37 PM
like i said i will be up there next year with everybody i know spot fishing browns in ankle deep water. thats cool right? another thing we are not living in the 5th century writing on papyrus.this is the computer age and it's not my fault it's gone viral.what did he think would happen posting it on the web.somehow it got out and here we are.somehow it's not secure on the web for him to hide.that's what he wanted right?to show his buddies the sport of cherry picking and never show anybody else.why would you want to hide this footage????is there something wrong with a camera crew and large browns in a ft. of water in november when i am pretty sure browns get down.sporting right? either-way I don't condone targeting fish in a ft. of h2o during their annual sex parade,and if anybody reading this is on the fence whether this is ok or not...well that's up to you and yours.use some discretion and know that some people will voice their opinion on sensitive matters even when they are secretly posted for friends only.on another topic....the easy way to attract a trophy dear to your shooting lane is to install a salt lick on their game trails and lay down 2 or 3 lbs. of grain.sure thing every time. thank goddess the brown was released and not harvested.i am not bashing the guide,i am bashing his tactics.this is a 50-50 subject and we know where i stand.next yr. my footage of the LT will be better... lights, dancing girls and a judging panel,and a sign for the people in doubt.catching BIG browns is easy.help yourself.i don't know why they would be in a foot of water in november?but go ahead there are plenty of them to go around.spread the news.browns in november on the LT.so easy a cave man can do it.sorry i'm an asshol... but this video set me up.

Darian
12-24-2011, 01:41 PM
The horror,.... The horror.... Is this the Steelhead forum :?: :lol:

Black Cloud
12-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Big fish in shallow waters with photos. This was an annual happening on the Putah Creek Board before the creek was made C&R.

BigOkieWhiteBoy916
12-24-2011, 06:01 PM
The horror,.... The horror.... Is this the Steelhead forum :?: :lol:

We should move this thread over there. :) I'm not saying anything else because its pointless.

rusty fly
12-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Anytime we put a fly on the water we my hurt a spawner.We could cut off our hooks at the bend and really call it sport fishing.Or if we're really so worried let's just stop fishing altogether.But I guess were all still going to take that risk even after this discussion aren't we. Tite lines:mrgreen:

chainsaw510
12-25-2011, 12:01 AM
hey i'm not trying to insult anybody.i just take a hard stance on exploiting these beautiful creatures at certain times of the yr..this video i guess was meant for a private audience,but i'm glad its out there for people to discuss and open dialogue.if you are cool with it fine.i'm not.it's a difference in opinion.you are not wrong and i am not right it's open for debate.take a stance and go with it. this video is just asking for abuse as far as i am concerned.it's just my opinion and not the law.this is a forum not a fight.say what you want....fine. and fish where you want.....fine. you have no one to answer to than yourself.unless it unfortunately goes online.again nice fish just wish i hadn't seen the production.merry christmas.ps.targeting this brown is kinda like wrapping your own xmas presents and acting surprised upon opening them.ho ho ho:shock:

Reno Flytyer
12-25-2011, 09:51 AM
"hey, I'm not trying to insult anybody"...really? Here are a few of your first words:

"has 2 camera men set up for the self hype promotion"...wrong, a lying insult - were you just making things up to support your self righteous indignation?

"a giant net for the monster BROWN"...maybe all you catch are small fish, but it seems to me a guide would have the proper equipment whether working or not

"obviously they had been molesting this fish for who knows how long"...and this is obvious because? JSounds to me like another insult on your part

"guide tackled the fish and handles him like a true pro"...gee, no insult there huh Saw?

"hopefully the beautiful Brown had dropped it's roe before the circus showed up"...this doesn't sound much like a compliment to me

Yeah, we got it chainsaw...you're above all this.

RFT

chainsaw510
12-25-2011, 10:47 AM
dear super sensitives, random casting in a random ankle deep pool? right? watch the video.to me, a small fish fishermen it sure looks like a self promotion,and a great hero opportunity.watch the video.from my eye,without sub-titles explaining play for play what we are seeing exactly.sure looks like cherry pickin to me.i've been wrong before.but the camera production and credits afterward sure look like the people in doubt knew dam well what they where about to capture.what's the big deal.really, what's the big deal? i'll tell you.some people interpret things they way they see them and some take offense to these practices.it's black and white man.take a side.you are right i wasn't there.all i have is this video and alot of doubts.we can go back and fourth forever.neither getting anywhere.great.until i see otherwise i'm sticking to my side.i'm happy some feel this video is cool.it's a great opportunity to see absolute perfection,a fish most of us small fish fishermen will never glimpse. again i wish i hadn't seen the production and the means of capture. this video begs for a good chewing,and that's what we're doing.i mean no malice, i just don't advocate these practices.

jbird
12-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Time to give it a rest chainsaw! seriously. Youve made your point.

Jay
12-25-2011, 03:01 PM
no, youre just pompous, self righteous, and thoroughly obnoxious. congratulations, you are rosie o'donnell.

Reno Flytyer
12-25-2011, 03:14 PM
"if you can't stand the fire or criticism.if you have nothing to say other than stop voices your opinion it's probably best to say say nothing at all.here is nothing wrong with free speech.live with it or take a stand or don't read it at all, it's a forum.do my words really cut so deep?it's just an opinion.and i am going to respond to all the people who defend these acts in doubt.big deal!did i touch on a touchy subject?chime in with some insight.telling me to stop is pointless.it's not a gun fight.we are voicing our opinions. merry Christmas to all."

Well this clears it all up. Your explanation is about as smooth as a Charles Barkley golf swing.

"telling me to stop is pointless"...well, you tried JBird!

"no, youre just pompous, self righteous, and thoroughly obnoxious. congratulations, you are rosie o'donnell." Well said Jay. BTW, congratulations on the straight A's!! :-)

Sammy
12-25-2011, 05:17 PM
geez I step away for some presents and a good christmas buzz and missed out on all the fun??

Ben J
12-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Lol... Time to go to the steelhead forum for a safe haven

BigOkieWhiteBoy916
12-25-2011, 05:59 PM
I love fly fishing forums!!!!!!!!!

thepeacockspecial
12-25-2011, 07:17 PM
i smell trolls. yay.

chainsaw510
12-25-2011, 07:21 PM
rosie O. no, i got bigger jugs than that.whats pompous mean? I give in. all that Christmas spirit made me lupe.thanks for responding.nice fish. ps. the round mound of rebound was the man

Sammy
12-25-2011, 07:36 PM
If you need some real good debate, go to the putah creek forum and repost that vid :unibrow:

Xnjb707X
12-25-2011, 08:01 PM
How about make ALL trout streams in California closed during the winter (nov16-end of april) to protect spawning trout. Yes browns tend to spawn earlier than that but it would protect the majority of these fish. That would stop all these fun filled arguments.. Just sayin

Scott V
12-26-2011, 02:02 PM
You guys were arguing Christmas? You really need to get outside and enjoy the nature and not worry about the little things in life.

chainsaw510
12-26-2011, 02:30 PM
i had no where else to go, there is nothing like spending 3 days with in laws for the holidays. sneaking away to vent on this video was better than the alternatives. like i said, thank goddess for the xmas spiritS.:D

Mark Kranhold
12-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Wow , venting your Inlaw frustrations out on a fellow board member? I thought you believed in the mighty browns :)Give us The itinarary next time your in town

Jay S.
12-27-2011, 12:15 PM
I have been watching this thread from the sidelines with great disappointment. So many good anglers have been crucified on this site over the years to the point of refusing to post here anymore, and I find that to be a sad state of affairs. Matt is a fine angler who has many friends in the fly fishing community, one of them is one of my best friends who has voiced his opinion on this thread numerous times over to no avail.

What happened to "congratulations man, nice fish"? Or, "wow, fine job absolute fish of a lifetime, fantastic achievement".

Some of you act as if it is inconceivable that you could catch a trophy brown trout any other time than on the spawn. And still others of you continue to dispute the word of his many friends assuring you of the contrary, and that Matt is nothing but ethical in tactic. Your active pursuit of continued discredit proves but two things, that you are envious of his prowess, and that you hate his success. I find that to be nothing less than pitiful and unfortunate.

Your only recourse is to work harder to step up your game on the river and in the sunshine, however I suspect that you will find it easier to just sit behind the keys and breath fire on the innocent and skilled in your dark and gloomy computer room.

There could be so much awesome photography and phenomenal achievement on this board, but it will never happen because people with bad attitudes and short d%#@ complexes will continue to voice their distaste for true excellence, angry at others because they cant figure out how to be the best at least in their own eyes.

With that being said, Matt, congratulations on a most excellent lifetime achievement, and thank you for releasing that trout so that I may have a chance to catch him as well. I hope all of this adverse attention creates a backlog of clientele for you, you deserve it. Keep doing what you do, your fish porn makes me smile.

Rossflyguy
12-27-2011, 01:16 PM
I agree with Golden Obsession. Just a bunch of haters. Don't we all fish to catch a trophy of a life time or would you rather catch the hatchlings your entire life. He sure didn't snag the fish, so its a legit catch. I would like to pick his brain about catching fish like that. Like I once heard before..."If there are people hating on you, you must be doing something right."

aaron
12-27-2011, 01:20 PM
All I know is Bill Kiene = the best troll ever. As for my opinion on the matter see my sig.

Scott V
12-27-2011, 01:59 PM
All I know is Bill Kiene = the best troll ever.

You do know the only reason Bill opened this board was because he got kicked off all the other boards for being a troll, and not a troll that lives under a bridge, those are just scary as all heck!

chainsaw510
12-27-2011, 02:32 PM
thanks for adding your kind words golden. are you stepping out on a limb with a new username for this thread? good idea.. pretty good jabs there,but after reading everybodies responses, there are no valid arguments why fishing for spawners is acceptable. for trophy purposes? that's cool. don't see many video's like that for a reason. feel free to add yours. fishing for small fish all day is cool. hiking miles on the river trail......, and casting for small fish is what makes my days full . what could be better?:-k a production crew and a spawning yellow slug..... it's spawning..... so what..... ok. i'm hooked. i'm in.you got me.. not. crucified??? wow!!! someone had alot tied up in that video? my bad. in retrospect i should have ragged on the act and the production, and not the fishermen.. but last time I looked the rod didn't cast itself, wow! that's deep. i believe you got your words mixed up golden, it should read. unforunate success and pitiful tactics. see you on the beds. you are right. i need to get out!!!! and step up, and tighten up my game and put myself on the wall of shame. i still can't believe someone would be proud to post this video or think it would be safe online. it's amazing that someone would claim they caught this fish ALL SQUARE.I don't know if I should laugh of cry for this guy.this video is like taking a taxi to finish the marathon and claiming victory .nothing wrong with that. if you don't get caught.this dude filmed it and was stoked.....no thanks. i would not be able to take the abuse i'm dishing. ps. are there any slots open on the LT with that guide for next november? love rosie :thumbsup:

Jay S.
12-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Yawn.......

Sammy
12-27-2011, 02:52 PM
I don't even bother fishing for big fish. It doesn't impress my girlfriend at all. Perhaps if I were to teach her how to fly fish, but that's not gonna happen

KillBill
12-27-2011, 07:06 PM
This thread has really been a joy to follow, better than pay tv if you ask me. My best comment on the "Big Brown" video is that it reminds me of when I was young and I would go to the local stream and shoot suckers with a .22... yeeehaaah.

Black Cloud
12-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Being a skeptic of this video does not make one a hater. I had my wife view the video without reading any of the posts and her opinion was it seemed to be set up , especially with 2 cameras. I've been a licensed guide and I've caught a lot of big fish so no envy here. I've also never tackled a fish while trying to net it.

Yard Sale
12-28-2011, 12:48 AM
So in all the attacks on Chainsaw510 I have yet to see anybody dispute his claims. "Matt" was fishing for a fish he knew was there(multiple camera angles and a salmon size net on a trout stream), was in an artificially low flow(see shocking info on page 1), and was on a spawning bed.

Attack the messenger all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that what this dude was doing was wrong. From a normal joe blow up for the weekend sux, but from a "guide" who should be protecting the resource he makes a living from, is terrible.

Just wanted to share it with friends? Its called e-mail. Posting it on vimeo makes it viral. Enough said.

Just because the guy is nice and has friends here doesn't excuse targeting spawners.

If you guys want less drama argue the facts rather than attacking the dude who called out the unethical actions shown here. Its that simple.....

And if you want a true guide for the resource go back and check out FrankRP's post.

chainsaw510
12-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Mr.Yardsale, get your facts straight please, these guys are sensitive and judgementel. there was only one shooter.the multipul camera angles were that trick photography stuff.refer to prior posts, and take their word for it. also one needs to carry a big net up there(the prior posts said so) because you just never know want could be up there in november. i am well versed in these matters. watch out Yardsale, they are coming to get you. LOOK golden i may have found a friend. frequent flyers . it took big nutz to post that video. the picture below is my dark and disturbed computer lab. cheers

Yard Sale
12-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Just for the record I think this chainsaw510 fellow is bat shite crazy and a real idiot. Don't call me a friend there buddy.

I just happen to agree with you on this one point. I'm sure its the first and last time that will happen.

Charlie S
12-28-2011, 11:25 AM
WOW!!! And I thought the thread about "The Other Board" brought out the artillery!!!

Rossflyguy
12-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Stop crying already Chainsaw. If the fish was on a redd, which you can't justify without being there, then its wrong. BUT if the fish was stagging for spawning and not on a redd then get over it already.

huntindog
12-28-2011, 02:58 PM
damn, i dont care if he caught it on a mepps spinner or even a night crawler :D, nice fish, chainsaw, just shut up already. The only thing he did wrong was let it go...think how many baby ducks that fish is eating...it is clearly impacting our waterfowl populations.

Scott V
12-28-2011, 03:12 PM
6 pages for just 1 fish. Imagine if he would have caught 2.

huntindog that was too damn funny about the baby ducks!

jbird
12-28-2011, 06:55 PM
the picture below is my dark and disturbed computer lab. cheers

Somehow I doubt that. Those boats would indicate you have friends that like to fish with you.

Sammy
12-28-2011, 07:01 PM
This thread pleases me

koffler
12-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Bill/Aarron/Moderator -

What the guide did can be argued either way - we're making a mountain out of a mole hill. In the end it was his discretion - IMO great fish. I catch that and I'm stoked.

I vote we terminate this post - doing more harm than good.

JV

Jay
12-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Bill/Aarron/Moderator -

What the guide did can be argued either way - we're making a mountain out of a mole hill. In the end it was his discretion - IMO great fish. I catch that and I'm stoked.

I vote we terminate this post - doing more harm than good.

JV

....yup.....

cyama
12-28-2011, 07:42 PM
I think what most people are missing is the color of the fish. The fish is still bright gold. If you have ever seen a brown trout spawner it is brown and black with shades of orange.

It looks like a male, but no kype. If a female it doesn't have a belly full of eggs. My guess is the fish just came up from the lake.... My take is that it is a legitimate pre-spawner. Congrats on a nice fish!!

Jay S.
12-28-2011, 07:42 PM
I like Lima beans.

Yard Sale
12-28-2011, 07:50 PM
I like Lima beans.

Ya know, I was done with this thread then you had to go and say that.

String beans get no respect!

Jay S.
12-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Kidney beans are good too....on salad with a nice balsamic vinaigrette.

Sammy
12-28-2011, 09:08 PM
I use to stay up way past midnight....

Ok i'm done.

Ed Wahl
12-28-2011, 10:14 PM
How 'bout them Cubbies eh?

Mark Kranhold
12-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Now that's a Brown , it was about 12lbs before i squeezed the eggs out of it. I had my camera crew stand back for the still photo.:lol::lol:. By the way i caught this on a Lima bean. It's been fun!

Ben J
12-28-2011, 10:47 PM
No love for the pintos...

Jay S.
12-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Fava beans, and a nice Chianti.....hold the liver please.

Frank Alessio
12-28-2011, 11:27 PM
I have never bean this boared in a long time.....

Jay S.
12-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Reckon I cotton a whole bunch to cake too, suits me right down to the ground it does, long as the frosting's right proper.

aaron
12-28-2011, 11:47 PM
it really needs to snow/rain or i'm going to lose it.

Scott V
12-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Beans beans the magical fruit
the more you eat the more you toot!

Jaybinder
12-29-2011, 10:13 AM
I bought some magical beans once... but thats another story.

Blueracer
12-29-2011, 10:27 AM
I eat them black beans on a regular basis but I like those lima beans, wish I ate them more.

Sammy
12-29-2011, 11:48 AM
We've entered into some sort of weird no fly zone at this point

Get it? Fly? oh yeah

Mark Kranhold
12-29-2011, 12:02 PM
What's your liver toxin of choice for New Years eve?

Jay S.
12-29-2011, 12:04 PM
New years eve on the Trinity, and Captain Morgans spiced rum of the 80 proof variety.

No report to follow cause im skeered.

Mark Kranhold
12-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Golden you should try Salior Jerry's rum, that stuff makes you crazier than tequila does. 92 proof and I think some type of devil juice is added to that stuff.

KillBill
12-29-2011, 12:56 PM
How 'bout some "magic dust" that Santa uses to make the reindeer fly!:-\"

Jaybinder
12-29-2011, 01:22 PM
What's your liver toxin of choice for New Years eve?

White Russians are the new drink of choice around my place. Must be my inner Lebowski coming out.

Scott V
12-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Golden you should try Salior Jerry's rum, that stuff makes you crazier than tequila does. 92 proof and I think some type of devil juice is added to that stuff.

Try Captain Morgan's 100 proof rum, it is what I have been drinking for a good while now. It really brings on a nice relaxing buzz. I only drink it straight so I have no idea what to mix it with if you prefer mixed drinks.

Morgan
12-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Try Captain Morgan's 100 proof rum, it is what I have been drinking for a good while now. It really brings on a nice relaxing buzz. I only drink it straight so I have no idea what to mix it with if you prefer mixed drinks.

Captain Morgan isnt really my fav tasting rum. Sailor jerry's was good until Kraken came out. 94 proof and tasty :)

Sammy
12-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Sailor Jerry's was our drink of choice on last trip to the Trinity. It was not my hangover of choice however

Mark Kranhold
12-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Sammy, that's when you just crack the bottle in the morning and go back at it.... The cure for every hangover!