PDA

View Full Version : WTS: Galvan OB-3 clear

windknot
12-14-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm selling a Galvan OB-3 clear reel with backing and a line that may or may not be usable. I don't know the weight or brand, but it came with an older reel so I assume it's at least twenty years old. The reel is in good overall condition, with some rash along the bottom of the reel frame and a line-out clicker that is disabled (I sent the reel in to Galvan to get it fixed and they rebuilt the drag but didn't have the right part to get the clicker working again). Drag still works great, it just won't make a noise when a nice fish takes off with your fly. The spool is in mint condition, since Galvan replaced the old spool with a new one when the reel was serviced and I haven't fished with the reel since. Comes with Galvan neoprene case.

Pictures can be viewed here:
http://wanderswithtrout.wordpress.com/gear/for-sale/galvan-ob-3-clear/

Reel is sold.

Thanks for looking,
Matt

epzamora
12-14-2011, 11:34 PM
this is a very nice reel. if i didn't already have one in black i might bite though i'm holding out for a standard someday... the click is muffled so you're not losing much. :-)

eric
fresno, ca.

windknot
12-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks Eric. Yeah, the Standards are nice. I personally like the Torque the best because of the sheer smoothness of the drag (have a T4), but I could probably pick up two used Standards for the same amount and that would be mighty tempting as well.

windknot
01-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Price dropped.

windknot
01-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Reel is sold, thanks for looking.