PDA

View Full Version : Indicators: Product ID help

Jay
12-09-2011, 03:49 PM
This summer I picked up a few indicators from a store in Colorado. They were yarn indicators with an o ring, in a countertop jar sort of display. The only thing setting them apart from all the others, is that they were tied with green yarn on the outside of the indicator, white in the middle, with a pink post in the center. I love em, and I dont feel like making more when a couple lasts a long time. Called the store and the guy had no idea what I was talking about. Anyone know who markets these?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-10-2011, 01:43 AM
Do you have a photo?

Jay
12-10-2011, 11:41 AM
No picture at the moment Bill. But I have discovered that they are called "Camo-Indicators" but I still cant find a place online to buy them.

Blueracer
12-11-2011, 11:50 AM
http://globalflyfisher.com/fishbetter/indicators/

I followed this instructional years ago to learn how to make my own. You choose all the colors you want and make a post if you want - also any color.

Very easy to build and you build enough to last you a few years once you have the materials. Much cheaper than buying a couple from a shop every fishing trip.

Ralph
12-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Hey BR-
That is an excellent link. I bought a counter display jar of those things at a shop liquidation sale. Though kept in a cabinet, by next season all the o-rings were checked, cracked, or simply broken. If you are going to make a multi-year supply use fluorocarbon o-rings (from any parts store) and they will last forever. Viton is a common brand; and no, they're not invisible under water.

Jay
12-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks Brian. But I really dont feel the need to make them unless I really cant find them. A 5 pack will last me all year. I should add, that if Kiene's can get a hold of them, that is where Id prefer to get them.