PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Spey Gathering?

TaylerW
12-08-2011, 07:15 AM
just putting the idea out there, if anyone would be interested in a spey gathering on the A i would be willing to organize and bring a BBQ......

Dates?

DAVID95670
12-08-2011, 04:57 PM
I am into it ..... Who will bring the Steelhead up for the event?

Smitty Fish
12-08-2011, 07:10 PM
I am into it ..... Who will bring the Steelhead up for the event?

I will do a rain/steelhead dance, that might bring some fish in.

TaylerW
12-09-2011, 12:18 AM
cmonn guys lets have a big meetup. i for one would love to put some faces to names!!

NCL
12-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Where are you thinking about doing the meeting? It sound like a fun idea.

Rick J
12-09-2011, 08:08 AM
if the meeting was at Watt Ave you could BBQ under the bridge if the weather was nasty - I am pretty tied up the next few weekends so may or may not be able to pull away for a day

DAVID95670
12-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Under the Watt Bridge makes sense, lots of parking and close to some bars...

Smitty Fish
12-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Let's do this! Their is a lot of Spey casters out their, just in this area alone .
I have been thinking about it for a while now. Oregon & Washington has theirs, let's have ours.

Rick J
12-09-2011, 10:36 AM
we should send out at invite to Mike McCune who I think is in the area over the winter

TaylerW
12-09-2011, 01:48 PM
the watt area is great. along with shelter in the case of bad weather, there is a ton of room for casters, and a real possibility of sticking some fish!

tacocat
12-09-2011, 02:41 PM
I'd be down like a clown. The 17th would be a good weekend, after that, the 7th would work. Personally, I wouldn't mind partying like a rockstar down by the river on New Year's Eve, but I doubt that would work for everybody.

Jaybinder
12-09-2011, 02:47 PM
If it's after the new year I'll be there. Holidays + Retail = work every weekend.

Jason

Rick J
12-09-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm with Jason - after new years will open up alot for me unless of course the Chetco/Eel/Smith start fishing - then we will just have to see what wins out.....

Victor Yee
12-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Great idea... having gone to some of the Clave up in Idaho and Oregon, it's always nice to renew acquaintances with old faces. Even if it is just a hanging around and shooting the breeze, and who knows, maybe a swap-meet of some sort would be nice to break the ice and maybe coming home with something useable. Lord knows I would like to trade some heads.
I would be happy to help promote this event by letting those at the Golden Gate Angling and Casting Club and other clubs in the Bay Area know about it.

TaylerW
12-15-2011, 11:56 AM
i dont think i have enough beer cans to pay for all the hotdogs that would take lol

bclem81
12-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Hey Taylor Im in, let me know if you need any help. Maybe if you ask us nicely we wouldnt mind bringing something along to help out, so that way we can have a killer fishout.

Im thinking after the first would be a good time. Most of the people will be fishing up top, which will leave Watt Ave all to us to use. Right now it can get pretty crowded down there. Im trying to think of other areas that we can do as well that might have a BBQ on site. But nothing has come to mind yet. I think Goethe aka River Bend Park might have BBQ's on site next to the picnic table, but then again I could be wrong. But thats another good spot we can hang out at. Also lots of trees if the weather isnt to nice.

Blueracer
12-15-2011, 06:15 PM
<In(((((((><

tacocat
12-26-2011, 02:33 PM
I hope everyone had a good Christmas. What weekend works best for everyone?

ZWhit
12-26-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm speyless, new to the Switch scene, but I'd love to come, watch and learn from others. I can help too, depending on the date.

tacocat
01-03-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm speyless, new to the Switch scene, but I'd love to come, watch and learn from others. I can help too, depending on the date.

Technically, you're not. If you have a single hand rod, you can apply some of the techniques. It's made me a much better roll caster.

Anybody still interested in this, or are you still hungover and beat from Christmas?

Jaybinder
01-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Count me in, just pick a date.

ZWhit
01-05-2012, 02:58 AM
Technically, you're not. If you have a single hand rod, you can apply some of the techniques. It's made me a much better roll caster.

Anybody still interested in this, or are you still hungover and beat from Christmas?

Good to know. I now have a Spey Rod too! Scored onE over the holidays. Ready to learn... Interested in a date.

tacocat
01-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Count me in, just pick a date.

I'll be fishing this Saturday. No go next weekend. The Niners haven't been to the playoffs in nine years. I'm not missing that. I thought about buying tickets, but that'll cost me a double hand rod or two.

I hate this recession. :angry: