PDA

View Full Version : Guide Report for Northern Cal

NorCalDrifter56
12-05-2011, 09:03 AM
The lower Sac has dropped again and is down to just over 5000cfs and when the wind stops the catching should increase. This time of year offers low flows, shorter days and hungry trout. Many of the spawning salmon are either dead or dying and the big rainbows that were feasting on roe are now big and fat and looking for nymphs; advantage fisherman. I have found the productive areas to be upstream between the posse grounds and Bonnyview. Fish between 15 and 20 inches are common and with a little casting and mending skill, double digit days are possible.

The lower Pit River is holding some real nice fish and with the lower flows this time of year they are accesible to the wading fisherman. This is fun and interesting fishing. We have taken 20 inch + rainbows in shallow water and they just go wild. Most of the fish are in the 14 to 18 inch range and anyone who has fished the Pit River can attest that these footballs are the hardest fighting strain of rainbow in the State.

Check out my web site www.curtsfishingadventures.com for some recent pics. My full day trips start at $275.

Curtis Cole
Licensed and bonded guide
norcaldrifter56@yahoo.com