PDA

View Full Version : Garbage pile on the American River is GONE

gene goss
11-29-2011, 05:59 PM
THANK YOU.....to the person or person's that pick up all that garbage.
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w300/eugene047/garbage11-29-11001.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w300/eugene047/garbage11-29-11004.jpg

Sammy
11-30-2011, 01:14 AM
ah cmon... you could only pick up half of the spinners??? :-\"

cruncher
11-30-2011, 05:22 AM
Do you have a "before" shot?

Mark Kranhold
11-30-2011, 06:06 AM
Cruncher, look at previous thread (garbage pile on the American river) for your before shot. Maybe they can fit the rest of the beaders in today's trash pick up.:D

DFrink
11-30-2011, 07:21 AM
Does this mean that if I fish with a spinning rod you think I'm trash? Pretty broad generalization.

Dan

P.S. Cool that the trash got picked up!

Cruncher, look at previous thread (garbage pile on the American river) for your before shot. Maybe they can fit the rest of the beaders in today's trash pick up.:D

Mark Kranhold
11-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Colfax, not at all. I have lots of friends that are conventional tackle fisherman. I even like to take a pencil popper down for striper time to time. I'm just talking about the longline beaders, flossers, snaggers. I just don't see any joy out of that type of fishing, fishing shoulder to shoulder and yanking your rod.

Scott V
11-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Does this mean that if I fish with a spinning rod you think I'm trash? Pretty broad generalization.

Dan

P.S. Cool that the trash got picked up!

If someone thought a person was trash because they had a spinning rod then they need to look at my conventional gear hanging in my garage. I have a nice collection from my bass tournament days and when I get a new bass boat they will be used again.

DFrink
11-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Cool. I also agree about the "fishing" shown in the picture, not what I enjoy. But I guess it keeps people away from the waters that I do like:).

Dan

Colfax, not at all. I have lots of friends that are conventional tackle fisherman. I even like to take a pencil popper down for striper time to time. I'm just talking about the longline beaders, flossers, snaggers. I just don't see any joy out of that type of fishing, fishing shoulder to shoulder and yanking your rod.

Mike O
11-30-2011, 11:46 AM
So...

If a guy catches a steelhead or salmon on an egg fly or a swung egg sucking leech, then he is good, but if he catches them on a bead or a swung spinner or spoon, then he is trash?

Whew...

Sure glad I stopped fishing gear for them, and started fly fishing.

MAO

PS... The only salmon I have caught in the last 5 years was on the Yuba...on a fly...and I accidentally "flossed" him with a glo bug. Guess I am just recycling....you know...not quite "beader trash"?!?

Sammy
11-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Hey sorry guys I didn't mean to open up a can of worms. I also own a spinner rod and really have nothing against people who choose to fish that way. I was just making a joke. It was more a job at those shoulder to shoulder peeps

Us fly fisherman are more arms length away type people :)

Mike O
12-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Hey sorry guys I didn't mean to open up a can of worms. I also own a spinner rod and really have nothing against people who choose to fish that way. I was just making a joke. It was more a job at those shoulder to shoulder peeps

Us fly fisherman are more arms length away type people :)

Have you fished the powerhouse riffle on hat creek at stonefly time? LOL...i just objected to anyone who fishes in this day of declining outdoorspeople being called trash...

Sammy
12-01-2011, 10:04 AM
HA!

I hear ya. Spin casters get a bad rap because I'm GUESSING <---key word

that most of those that trash the banks, fish illegally, and take more than their limit tend to be the spinners cuz their too lazy to learn to fly fish. So unfortunately my poor taste has carried over to the average joe.

Wind anybody?

rippinstreamers
12-01-2011, 09:40 PM
beads are pretty trashy, I guide in AK where late season is nothing but. Up there it is pretty much the only thing that will work at times, you can swing or drift glo-bugs all you want with very little luck when the egg drop is happening. In the lower 48 on the other hand, pretty slutty tactic to still call it fly fishing.

Terry Imai
12-06-2011, 10:34 AM
You probably know the person who has the nicest equipment and they are either inept with their hobby or they are skillful enough to actually perform true damage to the wildlife. Determining if a person is a "sportsmen" based solely of the overall cost of their equipment or type is often incorrect and can cause more damage to someone being "mentored" by these "game hogs" along with being improperly trained in various outdoor activities without proper understanding of fair chase and/or catch.

If someone wants to go into the Nimbus basis to catch "salmon", I certainly don't have an issue with those catches (provided they were not snagged) because those fish may provide the household consumption rather being given to their dog or cat food or garden fertlizer. I have seen many people on local waters and blue ribbon waters in other states who do not have the ability to properly bring a trout to hand within a few minutes but rather tire out the fish until the lactic acid is so severe for the fish will die soon after their release. If that same person catches 20-25 fish in a day with their poor fighting skills, what percentage of those fish will ultimately die because of the method that angler utilized.

I have seen guys catch and kill their game only to place in the freezer and ultimately having to dump the contents into the garbage after a several years of freezer burn.

There is a section in the California Game Regulations about proper use of the game and not performing "wanton waste" and this would apply in this situation.