PDA

View Full Version : Vid editing software for Go Pro?

Ben Kobrin
11-29-2011, 04:41 PM
I just got one of the new Go Pro HD 2 cameras and I was wondering what everyone is using as their editing software of choice? I have a PC desktop, and an iPad 2.... but I'm not-so-secretly wanting to get a MacBook Air. Any ideas? I'm a complete novice regarding video (both shooting and editing) but it seems like a great way to begin making a record of my adventures. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

-Ben

aaron
11-29-2011, 05:10 PM
For basic stuff iMovie isn't bad. If you want to get more in depth Final Cut express or Pro if you can spring for it is excellent. Edit to add this would be for the Mac. FOr your PC Adobe Premiere Elements isn't bad at alll for the price.

mar
11-30-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm a greenhorn myself when it comes to shooting and editing videos so my $0.02 my not be worth much.
I use windows live movie maker to edit my videos. I haven't used any other software but this one is fairly easy to use. Pretty easy to cut video clips and tie them together. A nice collection of video effects as well.

Sammy
11-30-2011, 11:30 PM
Imovie works solidly on my macbook. I did this one recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-LwXr5XeEg

Jay Murakoshi
12-02-2011, 08:23 AM
I've been using Final Cut Pro for all my editing but that's a little over board for a lot of people. iMovie is a good program to use, that's if you're using a Mac. I have all the version of iMovie downloaded, WHY ??? Just too have them - I guess
The new GoPro Hero HD2 are great, especially with the 11 megapixels. I should get some fantastic underwater footage this coming season in Baja and hoping for some under water bass footage

JM

Jay Murakoshi
12-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Sammy,

A flat lens housing would clear up the underwater footage. There are a lot of companies on the market now that sell them. GoPro should have them on the market, soon
I'll be stocking and selling them along with the new GoPro HD2 cameras. I still sell the GoPro Hero camera 5 megapixels. They are a lot cheaper now, since the new one hit the shelves

Jay

Sammy
12-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Hey jay,
Yeah i was looking into that. I don't even own a gopro. I borrowed that from a friend. I actually found the water housing difficult to work with as far as pressing the buttons appropriately to get the right function.

Jay Murakoshi
12-04-2011, 12:36 AM
To turn on press and release the button immediately. The default setting should be video.
Now there's 5 different settings for video. It takes some time to learn and understand what frame rate you want to shoot.

The newer camera's are excellent

Jay

Sammy
12-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Good to know. I'm sure I will be picking one up after the holidays.

Jay Murakoshi
12-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Right now, I'm working with Bill on a short presentation to be held some time in January at the shop.
Presentation #1 A power point presentation on Baja. This is a new presentation with live video and photo's.

Presentation #2 A short review for those who just purchased a GoPro camera and still trying to figure out how to use it. I by far no expert but have been using this camera for 5 years and now with the new camera, the GoPro Hero 2 has taken video to the next level.
I hope to have some aerial footage shot with the GoPro. I'm meeting with a guy who flies RC helicopters.

I or Bill will post a date and time when this event will happen. If you're interested in purchasing a GoPro Hero HD or the newer version GoPro Hero 2 send me an email, I'm a dealer for GoPro.

Jay