PDA

View Full Version : Delta Report 11-17-11

Hatch
11-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Fished the Delta today with a Puget Sound trout/steelhead guide who recently moved to the Bay Area. He wanted to check out the Fall Delta striper scene. I warned him that fishing has been tough for most this Fall. Good dude,nice flys, great caster, great weather, covered a ton of water and burned a complete tank of gas. Fished hard for 9.5 hours from Orwood to Eddos, fishing most of the spots where stripers some times are. Mildred-Franks-Mandaville. Cuts, pipes, rocks, bridges and houses. Did I mention that the weather was really nice. Ran into several other FF guys with shrugged shoulders. Ended the day with 19 striper, only one legal size fish and it was not big. 4 LMB to 3#.
Tough Fall
Thanks for putting up with me all day Brett.
HATCH

malbers
11-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Good work Hatch. 19 small fish is way better than no small fish. Your due a big girl... well so am I! One day my friend, one day.

Scott V
11-18-2011, 11:09 AM
There coming Hatch, we got a 3, 5, and 6 last Sunday. I am thinking the first couple of weeks in December is going to be the start of a great year. I am always optimistic though.

MSWNCity
11-18-2011, 04:29 PM
I put in a half day yesterday (12:30 to 4:30) in the North East side of the Delta for zero (0) fish. Started at Hog and ended at Snodgrass. Overcast, light winds, falling tide, mid-50's water temps. Fished weeds, channels and rock walls. Zippo. Graphed a dozen scattered fish in Snodgrass. Hope December is better...