PDA

View Full Version : location change on striper meeting

bart
11-04-2011, 04:57 PM
The location of the DFG meeting concerning changes to regulations on Striped Bass has been changed due to the large number of attendees that are expeted.

The new location is the Portuguese Club, 295 So. 7th St., Rio Vista, CA. The meeting starts at 7:00 PM but I would recommend you arrive early. To get this location a $100.00 donation to the Club for use of their facility was requested. Hopefully every attendee will be able to donate $1.00. Help will be needed to set up chairs as well as putting them away at the conclusion of the meeting.

It appears the Department of Fish & Game has caved in to the lawsuit filed against striped bass by The Coalition for a Sustainable Delta which is based out of Kern County California and consists of agricultural interests wanting Delta water.

It is extremely important that everyone valueing the Striped Bass as a resource and the Delta as our home attend this meeting to let Fish & Game know we are not happy.

I hope to see you all there along with all your friends and fishing buddies. Please forward this to all your friends and ask that they also attend.

PS:I lurk here once in awhile,but have been doing fish politics for over 30 years.Mike is a good friend and i
'm not here to sreal your hot spots.I just like to see what others are doing.Will probley see you at the meeting.Red Bartley

Mike McKenzie
11-04-2011, 07:19 PM
I was going to post the info but Red beat me to it...This has been verified by me with Marty....(except I forgot to ask about the donation..(What's a buck anyway!)

Mike

KD
11-06-2011, 11:19 AM
well it would be a good place for a hundred bucks from the Striperfest to go!

But strangely enough i haven't seen that being presented?? That just makes too much sense i guess.

It's just easier to keep asking the angler to give it up. One buck at a time. One more regulation, one more punchcard to fill out, one more stamp to buy, etc.,etc. Jeez..