PDA

View Full Version : Fuller Lake

kelly
10-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Anyone been fishing Fuller recently? I'm interested in trying it out before the snow hits. What are fish hitting on, what time of day, location, etc. Anything is helpful. Thanks in advance.

Scott V
10-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Since the lake just got planted it should be fishing really good. Best advice is head to the far end of the lake where the creek comes in and fish. I use an intermediate line and a black wiggle tail fly. If you stay til sun down fish should be rising all over the place. As for time of day I have found that most lakes turn on around 10:00 am.

Get out there and fish now.

kelly
10-31-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks buddy, I'll probably get out there on Monday morning next week.

kelly
11-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Well, I just got back from Fuller. I arrived and got in the water around 10am. There is left over snow everywhere but driving was fine. Other than a few shore anglers that showed up for 15 minutes here and there, I was the only person on the lake until I left at around 2:30. I didn't get a single hook up! I was using Cortland Cammo line and tried a black, maroon, light brown and chartreuse wooly bugger with a dropper. I was letting it fall to the bottom and then short-quick strips back. I did see a few rising and some jumping. I don't know, maybe next time. It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed getting out so there!

Scott V
11-11-2011, 09:29 AM
If my plans fall through on Sunday I might head up that way. If I do I will post Saturday evening, so if you want to join me come on out and I will give you what pointers I have for that lake. Fishnguy might be out there on Sunday as well.

kelly
11-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks! Unfortunately I have 2 soccer games to go to with my little guys and I'm working Sunday. I'll definitely be checking the thread for the update though. Good luck with getting through the snow after the storm hits and make sure to be safe!

Scott V
11-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Thanks! Unfortunately I have 2 soccer games to go to with my little guys and I'm working Sunday. I'll definitely be checking the thread for the update though. Good luck with getting through the snow after the storm hits and make sure to be safe!

IF there is snow I won't be going, my little Toyota Yaris gets scared when it sees snow. I can't wait to get my new Jeep in a year or so.

Bryan Morgan
11-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Kelly-next time you are there, draw an imaginary line from the day use area to the last cabin directly across the lake. That is the Littoral Zone. "area where it drops off" I have had good success going down deep around the submerged stumps. PM me if you are interested about other places the bigger Browns lioke to hang out.

kelly
11-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Bryan PM sent.

kelly
11-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Scott V, how was the fishing over the weekend?

Scott V
11-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Scott V, how was the fishing over the weekend?

I went to the delta for stripers and black bass instead. The delta was slow but we managed a 3, 5, and a 6 pound striper with a couple smaller ones thrown in and a few small largemouth.

GoldenStone
11-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Kelly, bite may have been off when you went. But I was told about using a purple bugger and after I switched, started to hook up a few.