PDA

View Full Version : Clark Gable quote

mems
10-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Aloha I am showing "Gone with the Wind" in my history class. I had a student tell me that Gable was gay. I was aghast and googled it. In the process I found this quote, that made me proud of the "King" of hollywood. It seems he had a passion for the Rogue River.

Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.
Clark Gable

Anyway, I felt I had to share. Have a great weekend, Mems.

FISHEYE
10-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Dono, Thanks for sharing. Made me smile.

Darian
10-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Wait,.... You mean that Clark Gable didn't.... :confused: Oh,.... Nevermind..... ;-) :lol: :lol:

BobVP
10-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Betty Grable fished the Rogue as well. I've got a photo somewhere of her with a steelhead.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-29-2011, 06:17 AM
I think it would be almost impossible to imagine how good the fishing was on the Rogue River about 50 to 100 years ago.

Back in those days there were less people and the roads were small and bad plus the cars and tires were not that good either.

Old friends said it took days to get to the Klamath River because of the roads and the cars/tires.

After WWII everything got better plus the logging and dams were on the upswing.

Before WWII, fishing and hunting was still very good in the USA.

loose_shoes
11-01-2011, 05:58 PM
I know Clark Gable was a very dedicated sportsman, especially fishing. He didn't particularly care for Hollywood - it was just a job for him. Whenever he wasn't working he was as far from Hollywood as possible on a fishing or hunting trip. There is a photo of him at Pyramid Lake holding a few very large LCT's from back in the day. I think they have a copy of the photo up un the Pyramid Lake museum.

caltagm
11-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Clark Gable at Pyramid Lake