PDA

View Full Version : Sun.-Mon.-Tue. Delta Report

Hatch
10-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Sunday - Fished the Central and West side of the Delta. We had two boats and four anglers. Decided to have a little friendly "Striper Derby" The team with the biggest fish and the team with the most fish (legal sized) would be rewarded with a nice bottle of wine from Michael David Winery (on HWY 12 in Lodi just East of I5). We started at O-dark thirty and fished till 11:30 and then off to meet the wives and kids at the winery to have lunch, Halloween fun and pick out your victory wine. My team (myself and board member Ed. C) ran far, burned a lot of fuel and found many places that were not holding stripers. The other team (board members MAlbers and Andy C.) stayed close and out fished us. They had 10 striper (2 legal) and we had 6 (all sub sized). Their biggest fish was 3.5#. Not big, but big enough to get a nice bottle of Zin and they scored a bottle of Cab for their combined efforts. We both caught many hard fighting 16"ers but the only big fish were Salmon. But, 25 LMB between the 2 boats and not looking for them the bass are really on the chew right now. The weather was as good as could possibly be and next year it might be fun to have a Kiene's Board members frienldy catch and release striper tournament. More on that later.

Monday- Headed to the North/East side and fished for 4 hours mid day. 3 Stripers (5#-3#-2#) 1 King Salmon (8#) 2 LMH (tiny)

Tuesday- Headed to the North/West side for some early morning topwater action. Good tide and were lucky enough to find some fish eating on top but there were only a few and no biggies. Board member Chris B. was on the bow and caught his first few fish "PoleDancing" he landed a few stripers to 3.5 # and several decent LMB. Wind came up and we were off the water by 10 A.M.

Back on the water on Sunday
HATCH

malbers
10-26-2011, 10:35 AM
It was a good time on Sunday. Just a minor correction, 10 stripers is what Andy S. did all by himself. Also, you couldn't put a better pic of my salmon. I look all squimish with that fish thrashing in my hands. I was about to drop it on the deck. Not a quality photo unless you like that awful face I'm making. C'mon man!

Way to fish it up Hatch!

Hatch
10-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Yea well- either way we got our tails whooped- and Matt that is the best picture you have ever taken.
HATCH

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Salmon, Stripers and LMB.....this is prime time in the Delta.